Social Media Notes
Here’s this week’s round-up of social media (& tech) news. Come by each week for what I hope to be a fun & informative blog post on social stories that caught my eye throughout the week!
- Rumours are turning into reality! Facebook at Work – an internal Facebook platform – wants to take over your office.
- And while Facebook tests that, and now LinkedIn is working on two new products to help coworkers connect. “That way, the platform can be better utilized to improve connections within the office, rather than outside of it.”
- “In the spirit of helping everyone do artificial intelligence more efficiently, Facebook is giving away some of its seriously powerful deep learning tools for free in the Torch open-source library!
- Did you reach my Social Media Spotlight on Friday Night Meatballs?
- Pew Research has released a report on social media and the cost of caring. Examples – Women who use Twitter, email and cellphone picture sharing report lower levels of stress.
- An interesting read on why your online marketing dollars are better spent on properties under your complete control as opposed to Facebook Pages.
- So funny… and terrible. Blackberry posts to Twitter saying “keep up with the conversation on @Twitter” with a photo of a Blackberry… but they sent the tweet from an iPhone. D’ohhhh.
- Wow! Facebook turns 11 years old on Feb. 4 and to celebrate, Facebook says it will let you share your first Facebook photo. #TBT.
- I always feel awkward talking money and price points.. Snapchat apparently does not have this problem. They’re reportedly asking brands for $750,000 to show ads in its platform (and the ads, like all Snapchats, then disappear). Worth it..?
- Coming to Facebook (well for the U.S. right now, but probably will be expanded soon enough): Amber alerts to your news feed.
- Did you see this week’s Cat Saturday photos?! My favourites are 1, 3, 6, 10, 13, 19, 20!
Thoughts on these stories? Tweet @ me or leave a comment below!