My name is Linda Hoang and I’m a Canadian blogger and social media strategist based in Edmonton, Alberta.
As an ethical blogger, content creator and social media influencer, I primarily write and photograph travel, lifestyle, and food.
As a seasoned social media strategist and consultant, I develop social media content and marketing plans, tactics and best practices for businesses, offer customized social media training and workshops, and speak on social media topics at various conferences.
I’m also an online social media instructor for the University of Alberta Faculty of Extension’s Social Media Certificate program.
I love exploring and highlighting some of my favourite spots to visit, places to eat, things to do, adventures to try, and Instagrammable Walls to photograph, on this blog.
I’m also the Founder of the Edmonton International Cat Festival and Instagrammable Walls Guides and Photo Walks, and have a journalism and television broadcasting background (so you could say I have a knack for public speaking and storytelling!)
Linda Hoang, Social Media Strategist and Consultant:
- As a digital/social media strategist and communications specialist I’ve worked in the news industry, public sector and private sector for over 10 years. I started my own business—Linda Hoang Digital Corp.—in March 2019.
- In this strategist and consultant role, I develop social media strategies and content plans, deliver customized social media training, plan and execute paid social media marketing, guest blog, freelance write, and manage and advise on influencer marketing.
- I teach online courses for the University of Alberta Faculty of Extension’s Social Media Certificate.
- I speak at conferences and had recorded a somewhat regular social media strategy podcast called Don’t Call Me a Guru (currently on indefinite hiatus).
- I have a background in Journalism and Television Broadcasting. As a journalist, I’ve worked as a reporter, writer, producer and video editor in traditional newsrooms in Edmonton, Alberta.
- I’ve also been regularly featured on TV, radio and in print as a social media strategist.
Linda Hoang, Canadian Blogger and Content Creator:
- As an ethical and long-time Canadian food, lifestyle, travel, and pets blogger based in Edmonton, I’ve been chronicling my adventures and writing guides, reviews, recommended experiences and helpful tips for readers for nearly 15 years.
- You can usually find me eating or planning my next trip! As a sought-after influencer, I’ve been fortunate to work with a number of tourism boards, along with various local and national brands, as a blogger and social media influencer.
- I am also the founder of Instagrammable Walls of Edmonton Photo Walks and have been creating Guides to Instagrammable Walls of different cities I visit. I love leading groups on Instagrammable Wall (and other) tours and hope to eventually run Instagrammable Wall Photo Walks in different cities, and have Guides for spots all over the world!
- In Sept 2021, I became a video blogger too—launching my Lindork Does Life YouTube Channel.
Linda Hoang, Founder of the Edmonton Cat Festival:
- I am the Founder of the Edmonton International Cat Festival, the first festival of its kind in Canada and only event of its kind in Alberta.
- It’s a celebration of cats, cat culture and cat people that raises money to help cats in need.
Since 2014, we have raised $126,000 for local cat rescues!
- The one-day festival brings out 2,000-3,000 attendees.
- Since the pandemic we’ve been putting on well-attended virtual events as well.
- Putting on this event has me wear multiple hats. I am an event planner, presentation organizer, vendor coordinator, sponsorship director, media and public relations specialist, social media community manager, volunteer coordinator, creative director, graphic designer and cat pun development officer (lol).
Linda Hoang, Tour Guide & Event Host / Emcee
- I love exploring and I’ve gotten pretty good at it (lol), so I’d love to share my favourite places with you!
- If you are a local or a tourist visiting the Edmonton, Alberta area, and want to book a local expert to take you around town (that’s me!), there are a few different private, small or large group tours I can lead for you!
- My tours typically include fun facts, great, local food, exploration of some of the area’s most popular neighbourhoods, and Instagrammable Walls/murals! Some tours are mural-focused, some are food-focused, some are based on itineraries I’ve led before or some imitate how I’d spend a fun day or afternoon in the city with my own friends and family, but I also customize a completely Made-For-You Edmonton tour fully based on your interests!
- Let me do your trip planning for you!
Over the years, I’ve been fortunate to be recognized for some of the work I do, including the following accolades:
- Top 40 Under 40: Class of 2021 (Nov 2021)
- Spirit of NAIT Alumni Award (April 2019)
- Edmontonians Sizzling 20 Under 30 (Oct 2015)
And I’m always grateful when my name pops up as a recommended blog or Instagrammer to follow!
Thank you for your support!!
In the News...
I have been featured in the news a fair bit, speaking on a range of topics—whether it’s from the perspective of a food and travel blogger, a social media strategist, city ambassador or talking openly about unexplained infertility.
Below are some selected pieces of media coverage I’ve been featured in over the years:
… and more!