Don't Call Me a Guru Podcast
I host a social media strategy podcast called Don’t Call Me a Guru!
If you like my podcast, please give it a good rating on whichever pod app you use.
Thanks for listening!
Don’t Call Me a Guru is a monthly podcast about social media strategy, from a social media strategist, featuring social media people. The podcast originally started October 2016 with two co-hosts, Tyler Jack Butler and Linda Hoang, and as of November 2018, shifted to a single host (Linda). Take a listen to previous podcast episodes below, and/or subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Google Play!
- Doug Hoyer (@doughoyer, DougHoyer.Bandcamp.com) – created the Don’t Call Me a Guru music
- Rory Lee (@rorzle, RoryLeeDesign.com) – designer of the Don’t Call Me a Guru logo
- Matt Matyszczuk (@92mattfam, LinkedIn) – audio producer of the Don’t Call Me a Guru podcast
- Emma Morrison (@morrison225) – audio producer of the Don’t Call Me a Guru podcast
- Tyler Jack Butler (@tylerjackbutler) – original co-founder of the Don’t Call Me a Guru podcast
- Linda Hoang (@lindork) – host of the Don’t Call Me a Guru podcast
- NAIT Radio and Television Broadcasting Studios – podcast studio location
Don’t Call Me a Guru is a member of the Alberta Podcast Network powered by ATB
In Ep. 27, Tourism Calgary’s Manager of Content Marketing, Kyle Russell comes on the podcast to discuss how the popular tourism board develops its own content, works with individuals and influencers to create user-generated content, tips for social, digital and content teams big and small, and more!
Released: May 2019
In Ep. 16, Linda and Tyler welcome back cousins Catie (Age 17) and Meghan (Age 13) to see what’s changed in the teenage social media space and how marketers can effectively engage that group.
Released: April 2018
In Ep.15, Linda and Tyler come at you LIVE from iMEDIA 2018, where they chat with keynotes Tyler Lessard and Yang Han about the future of marketing, bias in the tech industry and more.
Released: March 2018
In Ep. 10, Linda and Tyler discuss what social media managers should share when there’s nothing to share, plus new Instagram Stories features, Facebook Group changes and more!
Released: August 2017
In Ep. 6, Linda and Tyler interview Jennifer Hollett, head of news and government for Twitter Canada. They chat about the state of Twitter, and ask the question on every marketer’s mind: is Twitter dead?
Released: April 2017
In Ep. 5, Linda and Tyler discuss the next big trend on social media: livestreaming. Find out what makes a great live video experience and learn what you need to know to get started.
Released: February 2017
In Ep. 1, social media strategists Tyler and Linda introduce themselves, their views on social, and discuss the latest news in the world of social media. They also say “um” a lot. They’re pretty new at this whole podcast thing.
Released: October 2016