Welcome to Wednesday, July 13 2011’s Clicks of the Day!
- BBC’s ‘Doctor Who’ Becomes First Facebook TV Rental
- ‘Last dinosaur’ supports asteroid extinction theory
- Why Harry Potter Should Really Be All About Hermione Granger
- Casey Anthony, Pennsylvania Man, Harassed Because Of Name
- Should parents lose custody of obese kids?
- Inside RIM: An exclusive look at the rise and fall of the company that made smartphones smart
- Mark Zuckerberg Disappears from Google+ Due to Privacy Settings
- The Milky Way so close you can almost taste it: Breath-taking snaps of galaxy seen with the naked eye
- Harry Potter is a “gateway drug for reading”
- Kai Nagata quits job; story of why goes viral
- Singles Have Significantly Less Saved for Retirement Than Couples
- Visual.ly Launches: Towards the Automatic Creation of Infographics
- Deer visits cat in yard every morning
- World population to hit 7 billion by October
- Generation Y staying at home, delaying marriage and kids: StatsCan
- New Tweaks Could Turn Apple TV Into A Game-Playing, Video-Chatting, Multimedia Superstar
- Nendo’s Crushingly Cute Mouse Has Detachable USB Tail
- What to do with seven dogs who ate their (deceased) owners?
- ‘Talking’ cars could reduce motorway pile-ups
- [Infographic]: Is There Alien Life Out There… on Earth?
- Media Monday Edmonton Update #13
- 5 Trends Shaping the Mobile Game Industry
- 1 in 10 Pets have a Social Networking Profile
- The Fine Brothers Explain 7 Harry Potter Movies In 7 Minutes
Will you rent TV shows off of Facebook? Myself, probably not.
Ah. Dinosaur theories are so fascinating.
Lol. Fair assessment :) Hermione rocks.
You would think at least the people who tried contacting him via Facebook would see that he’s clearly not a young, white girl but in fact an older, black man. lol. Not the brightest stalkers.
“Given that situations involving the undernourishment of children have frequently been defined as child abuse or neglect and warranted state intervention, it may be likely that overnourishment may be addressed similarly.” Very interesting argument!
A crazy, interesting read on the rise and fall of one of Canada’s favourite companies. Because it is indeed falling. #APPLEFOREVER.
Lol it’s kind of ironic.
Absolutely stunning photos of our galaxy.
I was reading and interested in reading well before the Harry Potter books came out but I definitely agree with Spartz. Also as a side note: I am so jealous of this man – creating Mugglenet when he was just 12. I created forums when I was 12 too but it was for obscure Korean pop musicians. THAT DIDN’T GET ME ANYWHERE!
I have read quite a bit of Kai Nagata-related blog posts/columns/tweets this week. Pretty interesting stuff, lots of insight from both Kai and from responding journos. Whether you agree or disagree, J Source sums it up nicely in this sentence: “one thing is for sure: the media, and media criticism, is still a hot topic in Canada.”
^_^ That’s why it was the best thing that ever happened to Mike when he met me! Muaha.
I love infographics!! Will be interested to see how often I use this website once the server can actually handle it, lol. I tried to turn my Twitter stats into an infographic but the website took way too long :( Overcapacitated.
This is adorable! It’s not new but I spotted it on Twitter today. What an awesome friendship.
“The world’s five most populous countries are China (1.3 billion), India (1.2 billion), the United States (310.2 million), Indonesia (242.9 million) and Brazil (201.1 million).” Canada’s population isn’t getting too crazy (yet). But yikes, 7 billion is quite a bit. Makes me think of this quote from One Tree Hill (back when it was good):
“At this moment there are 6470818671 people in the world, some are running scared, some are coming home, some tell lies to make it through the day, others are just not facing the truth, some are evil men at war with good, and some are good struggling with evil, six billion people in the world, six billion souls, and sometimes, all you need is one”
But now that will be inaccurate for people who watch that episode after October! LOL.
“This Generation Y is probably going to be much better off than any previous generation. Their bargaining power (with employers) will be much higher than any other generation. Their wages will be higher. They are frighteningly calculating.” True/False?
“By enabling a new class of iOS app, destined for your TV, Apple could add even more energy to the already-sizzling App Store. By adding a more sophisticated OS, and possibly faster chips, Apple could enable a whole new gaming market, too, one to rival big players like Sony and Nintendo with much cheaper hardware.”
This would be wonderful. I have never had much of an interest in Apple TV at its current state.
Lol, this is too cute.
What a sad story. I don’t think the dogs should be put down :( The owners were already dead they were just doing what they had to do to survive :(
That’d be sweet! :)
Apparently Canadians are skeptics. Mike and I believe in extraterrestrials!
Meant to include this in previous Clicks of the Day but this week’s Media roundup from Mack also poses an interesting question at the end – about how many people actually like these “link”/”note”, round-up kind of blog posts. There appear to be a lot of them done by Edmontonians. I know that people do enjoy my Clicks of the Day despite not commenting (lol). What do you guys think? (Maybe you’ll actually comment this time?)
Lol Thor doesn’t have a social networking site yet :)
I haven’t watched this because Mike and I are doing it the long way – watching all 7 movies before the final movie. But I figured it’d be worth a view for anyone whose not planning on sitting through 3 hours x 7 movies worth of HP. lol
Thor Photo of the Day:
Have your say on some of these Clicks of the Day’s!
Leave a comment! :)