Welcome to Tuesday, July 12 2011’s Clicks of the Day!
- Facebook for Every Phone
- Canada’s 25 favourite companies for 2011
- Postmedia reports $3.9-million loss
- Sick of workplace jargon?
- Apple users buy more apps, spend more on them
- Banana Car Prepares To Slip Out For World Tour
- Just 1 in 10 TV newsrooms have beat-based reporters
- Casey Anthony juror No. 12 quit job and left town for fear of her life, says report
- Super Bees Could Save Us From A Food Crisis
- More Employers Than Ever Recruit on Social Networks
- Travelling salesman becomes real-life George Clooney by clocking up a record breaking 10 million air miles
- TV watching has slowly declined since 1998 while computer use grows: StatsCan
- 3 Changes to Look For at the Checkout Line
- College offers scholarship for Twitter ‘essay’
- Google+ already at 10 million users, could reach 20m by
- A Brief History of Google’s Social Networking Flops
- Amazing Photo of the Day: Father and Son Attend First and Last Shuttle Launch
- Baby Sea Turtles Released Into The Ocean
- Working More, But For Less Pay?
- How Do We Prepare Kids for Jobs We Can’t Imagine Yet? Teach Imagination
- Twitter’s Ecosystem Now Includes 1 Million Apps
- Four injured in downtown apartment fire
- New wireless-charging tech may be in store for future iPhone
- Today’s Big Thing: World’s Steepest Rollercoaster
- A new U.S. law-enforcement tool: Facebook searches
- Quidditch: the new Texas sport?
- The eight Harry Potter films
- Free eBooks Celebrate Harry Potter Mania
More Facebook world domination!
Yay Timmies! I also heart RBC. lol
Yikes… especially “compared with a profit of $40.6-million one year ago.” Brutal!
“Synergy” is the best workplace jargon, lol. “Let’s synergize!”
Because Apple apps rock!
Unfortunate. I find stories from beat reporters are that much more insightful and informative than ones from general assignment ones.
A fair fear, considering.
I do not want to think about the scary, unexpected consequences of breeding “Super” Bees. Humans must stop playing God.
I think that’s very cool :) Last summer I got a freelance videography/editing gig via Twitter. It works! It’s good!
I can’t imagine spending that much time flying lol.
Not surprising computer use has spiked.
E-receipts is most interesting.
I think this is crazy lol. Coming from someone who loves Twitter and social media and companies/businesses adapting to it. I just don’t think 140 characters can replace an essay! Interesting idea though.
Hmm. I don’t know, I feel like this could be another Google project fad/fail lol. Which leads into:
So will Plus be a part of this timeline in the future?
This is amazing.
Go sea turtles, go! :)
You’re not alone.
“Instead of the model of individual success and standardized test taking that currently exists in schools, the education approaches they’ve found best foster imagination also teach kids to collaborate to solve problems.”
That’s a lot of apps, lol.
SCARY. Mike and I used to live in an apartment literally just across the street from this one… Apartment fire had always been one of my fears.
That’d be neat.
Why didn’t the person filming scream??!! (Unless it was just a camera hooked up to the rollercoaster). But yikes, at 1:58 is the scariest.
“The Facebook search warrants typically demand a user’s “Neoprint” and “Photoprint” — terms that Facebook has used to describe a detailed package of profile and photo information that is not even available to users themselves.” I wonder if they’ll open that kind of thing up to journalists too.
I had meant to post this with the Weekend clicks because I ran this story as a kicker package in our Saturday night segment! Quidditch is heating up in the States!! So awesome and slightly funny, LOL.
The movies will never compare to the books but now that I’ve been re-watching the films in preparation for the final one, I’m finding them quite enjoyable and the acting less terrible than I had originally thought :)
I got the unofficial Harry Potter cook book for my Kindle today. It was free! On account of Pottermania this week. Tee hee. Turns out the recipes aren’t that cool though, lol but whatever it was free.
Thor Photo of the Day:
Have your say on some of these Clicks of the Day’s!
Leave a comment! :)