Welcome to the three-day roundup …
Weekend Edition (June 17,18,19) of Clicks of the Day!
(I only do one Clicks of the Day post for the weekends so that I can actually have a weekend, lol. And amount of content will fluctuate depending on how much of a weekend I actaully have!)
- From Cromulent to Craptacular: The Top 12 Simpsons Created Words
- What is a tree’s maximum possible height?
- Armless archer targets the 2012 Olympic games in London and is determined to be the world’s greatest
- [Infographic]: More Dads Own Nintendo Wiis Than Other Consoles
- Five things to know about Father’s Day
- Fathers Day: The Top 10 Dad-Related Records
- Just give dad some time
- Drinker survives hand sanitiser binge, sparking calls to secure liquid
- How Tweet It Is!: Library Acquires Entire Twitter Archive
- Sexting: Not just a teen phenomenon, as rampant trend goes mainstream with celebs, politicians
- [Video]:Amazing mirage image appears over Xan’an river in China
- [Infographic]: School Cafeteria Food vs. Prison Food
- Apple, Google and RIM to ban drunk-driving apps
- Homeless Man Max Melitzer Learns He’s Rich
- LulzSec E-mail Hack Proves We’re Lousy at Picking Passwords
- The 121 Best Dancing GIFs of All Time!
- 150 Angry Birds Fan Art Pieces
- Rioting teen and family face backlash, forced to leave home
- Journalism Goes 3G with New BBC App for Mobile News Reporting
- BBC News product launches on connected TV
- CBS Reporter Shooting News with an iPhone
- Flying Dinosaurs May Inspire The Design Of Future Aircrafts
- Huge mirrors in the sky will be the future of tackling climate change, claim scientists
- The ‘mayday call’ from a murdered star
- J.K. Rowling’s ‘mysterious’ new website: 7 theories
- The Real-Life Version of Oracle’s Clocktower Is For Rent, If You Have Bruce Wayne Money
- 2011 Among Most Extreme Weather Years in History
- Hackers nab data of over 1 million (Sega) online game customers
- The End of Cheap Labor In China
- Dad sues girl’s bullies over Facebook video
- Lazy parenting blamed for kids being behind at school
- World’s Oldest Light Bulb Still Burning After 110 Years
- Why your city’s signature food is dumb
- [Infographic]: The History of Email
- “Power foods” that may boost your overall health
- Could you be a war photographer?
- Make Love, Not Riots: Vancouver Kiss Steals the Internet’s Heart
- IBM Celebrates 100 Years: What Other Tech Companies Will?
- Famous Death Row Last Meals
- Study offers grim news on deal sites like Groupon
- How to Get Your Finances in Order
- The Artistically Ubiquitous James Franco Is Now Making Invisible Art
- 10 Widespread Myths About Happiness
- Kitten Found In Car Air Filter
- Generation Rent: How Our American Dream Is Different from Our Parents’
- 70 Photos That Will Take Your Breath Away
- Facebook iPad app release imminent
- 12 Tricks To Make Your Device Last Longer
- Japanese Scientist Makes Poop Burger
- Rapture predictor Harold Camping suffers stroke
- Feeling flush: businessman flushes hundreds of pounds down lavatory after being told notes were fake
- Pigs could grow human organs in stem cell breakthrough
- Parents’ behaviour ‘can influence teen drinking’
- Google killing ‘I’m Feeling Lucky’ button?
- 32 of the World’s Strangest Buildings
- US bank throws 100th birthday party for customer using account dad opened for her in 1913
- Marilyn Monroe “subway” dress sells for $4.6 million
- Wi-Not? South Korea’s Seoul To Blanket The City With Free Wi-Fi
Did someone really come up with D’OH before Homer??
Interesting read! :) Wouldn’t it be odd to see a tree extend high into the clouds?
So incredible. So talented!
My dad doesn’t have time to play video games but perhaps the Wii would be his preferred console if he did, lol. Interesting stats!
Happy Father’s Day to all of fathers worldwide – especially my own! <3
Who knew :)
I love spending time with my papa.
Disgusting… and sad that he was that desperate for alcohol..
VERY interesting! Do you have any tweets you regret? I am fine with my tweets being archived but I can’t say they’re really interesting enough to be saved forever, lol.
So inappropriate. I do not support sexting! It will come back and bite you in the butt.
What an insane mirage. So crazy!
Do prisoners eat better than students? I used to LOVE the hot meal lunches in elementary, lol – but I don’t think they were the healthiest – and I definitely didn’t always get the healthier foods in the cafeteria in high school. Add vending machines with chips and that amounts to be a #healthfoodfail
So crazy! Congratulations to him but I hope he doesn’t blow the money.
I think my passwords are pretty good…
May take awhile to fully load (and depending on the stability of your Internet/computer, the page may crash, lol) but it is good for a brief l-o-l.
A-w-e-s-o-m-e. From cakes to plushies to shoes to desktop wallpapers! My weekend work computer desktop is the yellow Angry Bird. It’s awesome. Lol.
Trailblazing. You go, BBC!
And more. BBC is serious about getting on board with the changing industry.
More trailblazing reporting. BBC’s getting on it, this CBS reporter is getting on it (and remember that Milwaukee anchor who used his iPhone to make quick newscasts between breaks?) – love seeing/hearing/reading about the changing industry.
Excellent. Gotta love dinosaurs.
Lol, spraying sea water into the clouds is also another suggestion. Will be interesting to see which ideas actually take off.
So interesting!!! So much we still don’t know about the universe… outer space… “feasting” black holes!
This is so exciting I don’t know which it could be but a real wizarding school would easily be the BEST CREATIONv EVER!
Wow, most bad ass apartment – ever?
I’m still telling ya, signs of the end of the world…
Unbelievable. I think there’s going to be at least one hacking story in every Clicks of the Day for…. ever? What is going on.
I have TOTALLY been seeing more Made in Vietnam stuff lately!!!!! But, interesting read. But is it actually a good thing if it’s just being passed off to different Asian countries? :(
“Think of the lesson he is teaching his own daughter. You do not have to put up with someone hurting you. You can calmly and strongly say ‘stop,’ and I have your back.” Interesting. Though I would be so embarrassed if my parents got involved in any tiff I was having with people – fight my own battles!
I suppose it’s the ‘duh’ article of the day. Stupid parents!
This bulb is a TROOPER!!! Cool story :)
I mean other than being extremely unhealthy, I have no problem with most of the foods – the fish tacos look disgusting though.
Dates of note: 1982 – first smiley emoticon ” :) ” invented! 2003: On an episode of “The Simpsons” – Homer reveals his email address, [email protected] LOL. 2004: LOL and other acronyms officially recognized in the Oxford dictionary and 2011: The Associated Press Stylebook changes “e-mail” to “email” – not sure if CP has changed it yet or not.
No energy drinks or coffee required! (I am always proud that I’m not dependant on coffee in order to survive each day).
I could not.
The best thing to come out of the riots. (Lol at photos of them superimposed into other situations).
100 years is quite the milestone. I can see Apple (obviously) hitting that as well but Facebook? Twitter? I don’t know. Tough to say!
I bet mine would be my mama’s pho!
I’m certainly never a repeat customer … (unless the deal is on a business that I already frequent/go to in the first place). How about you?
Good tips! Other then my occasional random purchases I think for the most part all of my money is well spent and/or well saved!
Interesting. I have always disliked the ‘money can’t buy happiness’ statement because really – as the article says – money can buy a lot of things that contributes to your overall happiness. It totally can.
So crazy! Thank goodness it was alive and is now the happy pet of a little girl!
I think renting is a waste. of. money. I hope these Millenial predictions don’t come true!
Amazing photographs. Definitely worth a look.
I have been so surprised that Facebook hasn’t released an official iPad app yet!
Great tips! Especially for an iPhone battery-guzzler like me! :D
Really bad luck…
Could we stop trying to play God, please?
False! My dad had a drink with his dinner every night growing up – and still goes once or twice a week with his friends to drink/socialize and I could not have any less of an interest in alcohol!
:O !! No!! (Even though I’ve only ever hit that button maybe twice in my lifetime).
Wow!! Amazing designs!!! The library in Kansas City, the apartment in Israel, upside down house in Orlando, etc. Stunning!
That’s dedication! I have banked with three different companies since the age of 13 or so, lol.
Hefty amount. Would you pay that much for a dress? lol.
The world should be blanketed with free wi-fi, really!
Thor Photo of the Day:
Have your say on some of these Clicks of the Day’s!
Leave a comment!