Social Media Notes
Here’s this week’s round-up of social media (& tech) news. Come by each week for what I hope to be a fun & informative blog post on social stories that caught my eye throughout the week!
- Facebook hates brands. The hard truth about how the Facebook news feed works now.
- I didn’t realize there were 58 different gender types but apparently there are, and you can now select them on Facebook!
- Ew. ew. ew. ew. ew. Twitter is said to be working on a major Facebook-like redesign. I hate it.
- This is fascinating! Basically, @BarackObama is a parody Twitter account. I had no idea!
- Never thought I’d use this phrase but – Here’s a pretty #longread on why you should never be sorry for your selfie.
- I admit I do this sometimes. People rarely read before tweeting stories, a traffic measurement company says.
- Neat. Google, Microsoft & other tech/cable companies form coalition to expand access to Wi-Fi. I personally think Wi-Fi should be available to anyone & everyone, eveywhere!!!
- This is interesting – Olympians’ tweets sometimes come directly from sponsors. “This is the first Olympics where I actually have a social media calendar, where an athlete has to tweet or mention something on a given day.”
- New iPhone 6 photos have been leaked and the screen has a very Samsung Galaxy look to it. (Whether the photos are real or not is still up for debate)
- Facebook Look Back videos were have been viewed more than 200 million times! People love their Look Backs.
- Change your passwords! Crowdfunding site Kickstarter has been hacked.
- Check out this week’s Cat Saturday photos! My favourites are 5, 13, 15, 18, and 27!
Thoughts on these stories? Tweet @ me or leave a comment below!