Social Media Notes
Here’s this week’s round-up of social media (& tech) news. Come by each Sunday for what I hope to be a fun & informative blog post on social stories that caught my eye throughout the week!
- #SelfieOlympics. Yes this is a thing now – People are trying to outdo one another with ‘extreme’ selfies. Cray.
- Interesting read on click farms and the illusion of massive followings.
- Woo hoo! Vine debuts desktop viewer with web profiles and full-screen viewing! I think it looks great. Check out mine here!
- Just when you think Snapchat was getting all kinds of positive press… 4.6 million usernames and phone numbers are leaked online. D’oh.
- Facebook: “We are not collecting unpublished posts and comments.”
- A new kind of favouriting on Twitter – On Android, you can favourite an entire account, not just one tweet.
- A man has been having a hilariously close friendship with Applebee’s Facebook page and it is truly awesome. Haha!!
- Forget smartwatches … The Smartlet on Kickstarter puts your iPhone on your wrist. I’m intrigued. Lol.
- More cred for bitcoin – Zynga now testing bitcoin payments for some online games.
- The next iPhone may get curvy. #FutureofSmartphones?
- Apparently Google comic-strip versions of your Facebook statuses are in the works. If they’re as annoying as Bitstrips, I can tell you right now I won’t use them. Lol.
- Facebook has been sued for allegedly intercepting privates messages to provide data to marketers. But are you really surprised..
- 2014 will be the year of high-def streaming for YouTube.
- There’s also a ton of tech news already coming out and even more to come this week from the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2014. I’d follow CNET for updates!
- Check out this week’s Cat Saturday photos! My favs are 3, 4, 10, 25, 27, 31 and 33!
Thoughts on these stories? Tweet @ me or leave a comment below!