Social Media Notes
Here’s this week’s round-up of social media (& tech) news. Come by each Sunday for what I hope to be a fun & informative blog post on social stories that caught my eye throughout the week!
- Was 2013 the year social media went copycat? Good run-down of some big social network changes this year that shows platforms “wanted to become all things to all people.”
- Mark Zuckerberg wants everyone to be online – Free Facebook comes to U.S. phone users without data plans!
- Smart idea from Statigram – Everyone’s getting their top Instagram moments in a video montage. Fun and fantastic way to get new users and expose current ones to new products. Check out my best Instagram moments of the year!
- I also like this alternative: Flipagram, for best of Instagram year in review videos. Going to try it after 2013 wraps up!
- What do you think of these Top 7 social media news stories of 2013? It’s crazy how much has changed in just a year! Vine and Instagram Video both launch. YouTube redesign. Promoted pins on Pinterest. Instagram ads. Twitter TV partnerships. This list captures some but really not all. It goes on and on…
- Check out more social media hits (and misses) of 2013, 5 user-voted top social media moments of 2013 (including BatKid), and 10 biggest social media marketing fails of the year. (Cringe-worthy stuff here!)
- Can you believe… Google Glass will hit store shelves sometime in 2014! I mean really, 2014 is this week. So that’s crazy. I want.
- Ha. My first time experiencing the amazing doge meme is because I heard that a bunch of the joke cryptocurrency Dogecoins have gone missing. wow much coin. how money.
- I feel really bad for BlackBerry. The struggling smartphone marker pulls latest update to Twitter on account of a lot of issues…
- One study says teens think Facebook is ’embarassing,’ ‘dead and buried.’ Ain’t nobody not using Facebook no matter what studies say. Lol.
- Bad news for Bitcoin: After a flat-out ban in Thailand and restrictions in China, several India Bitcoin exchanges have suspended operations.
- How Snapchat became the breakout consumer product of 2013. I’m still not on it but I’m tempted to as it gets more and more positive press!
- What do you think of these five bold Amazon predictions for 2014 including the long-rumoured Amazon smartphone, Amazon show gets an Emmy nom, and Amazon Prime goes mainstream.
Thoughts on these stories? Tweet @ me or leave a comment below!