Something more recent followers of this blog or my social media may not know about me is I used to be a huge So You Think You Can Dance fan. In its initial seasons (specifically, seasons 1-4 from about 2005 to 2009), I basically lived and breathed all things SYTYCD.
Connecting to the dancers on the show was actually the reason I started using Twitter back in 2006!
I was such a fan of this show, and its incredibly talented dancers, that back then, I even took trips to L.A. and Portland for the live tours, and I started and managed what ended up being very popular fan sites for two of my favourite SYTYCD dancers — Travis Wall (S2) and Mark Kanemura (S4). (Sadly, the fan sites no longer exist).
Dancers like Travis, Mark, and the rest of SYTYCD’s talented contestants, led me to love watching dance performances. I even took a few dance classes as a result!
Despite seeing a lot of the SYTYCD dancers on stage over the years, something I never got to do was watch Travis perform live.
When the Alberta Ballet recently reached out to see if I wanted to attend one of their shows and share about my experience on social media, I was already looking forward to the partnership, but then when I learned that one of the performances the Alberta Ballet was presenting this season was none other than Travis Freaking Wall’s Shaping Sound, I was THRILLED!!!
Travis Wall’s Shaping Sound runs Jan. 16/17 in Edmonton and 19/20 in Calgary.
It’s just one of a number of awesome performances the Alberta Ballet has scheduled for the season:
- Jan. 16/17 (Edmonton) / Jan. 19/20 (Calgary): Shaping Sound
- Feb. 15-17 (Calgary) / Feb. 21-22 (Edmonton) – Momix Opus Cactus
- Mar 14-17 (Calgary) / Mar 22-24 (Edmonton): Cinderella
- May 2-5 (Calgary) / May 10-12 (Edmonton): All of Us. Music of The Tragically Hip
- June 9 (Calgary): Paquita & Other Works
- Sept 21-23 (Calgary) / Sept 27-28 (Edmonton): Tango Fire
- Oct 25-28 (Calgary) / Nov 3-4 (Edmonton): Dangerous Liaisons
- Dec 7-10 (Edmonton) / Dec 15-17, 20-24 (Calgary): The Nutcracker
What a wonderful line-up!
I seriously can’t tell you how excited I am to see Travis Wall’s Shaping Sound.
I’m also excited Alberta Ballet is giving me a pair of tickets to give away!!
** GIVEAWAY! **
To enter for a chance to win a pair of tickets to Alberta Ballet presents Travis Wall’s Shaping Sound:
- Leave a comment on this post, telling me what your favourite dance genres are! Also, did you ever watch So You Think You Can Dance?! Also, have you ever seen an Alberta Ballet performance? (This is a mandatory entry. You must leave a blog post comment in order to qualify for a chance to win).
For additional entries, you can also:
- Head to my Facebook Page and tag a friend to spread the word about the Alberta Ballet!
- Tweet the following: The @AlbertaBallet presents @TravisWall’s @ShapingSoundCo this Jan 16/17 in Edmonton! I’d love to win tickets. @lindork is giving a pair away on her blog: http://bit.ly/2EY7Vre #yeg #yegarts
I’ll pick a winner after Thursday, Jan. 11!
Disclaimer: I will always provide my 100% honest opinion on this blog. The Alberta Ballet gave me complimentary tickets to a show of my choice, and a pair of tickets to giveaway. This does not impact the opinions stated in this post. If you couldn’t tell by this post, I am super, super, excited to see Travis Wall’s Shaping Sound show!