This summer (2021) I am working with Travel Alberta and my friend Chad Kruger Productions on a series of videos inspiring you to Explore Edmonton (and area)!
The first video of this summer series is:
Wheeling Around Edmonton – Segway, Vespa, and E-Bike to Explore Edmonton
Ideas to Explore Edmonton on Wheels:
- Rent Segways from River Valley Adventure Co.
- Have a patio lunch overlooking the river before or after your adventure
- Segway to a few city landmarks:
- Louise McKinney Riverfront Park
- 100 Street Funicular
- James MacDonald Bridge Wildlife Instagrammable Underpass
- Rossdale Power Plant
- Walterdale Bridge
- Across the Low Level Bridge
- Segwaying is simply standing and shifting your weight front to back or side to side to move!
- If you’ve never done it before you can book a guided experience
- If you have done it before, you can just rent segways and take them out on your adventure
- Rent Vespas from VespaYEG
- Take your Vespa on a city Scavenger Hunt which will take you to many picture-perfect destinations around Edmonton.
- Snap photos in front of the Manchester Square fountain
- Stop into shop at Majesty & Friends
- Hit up the Arcadia Brewing Co. patio
- Stop for snacks along 124 Street:
- Visit the Oliver Exchange Building
- If you book: use my code LINDORK10 for 10% off your rental! (I make a few bucks back)
- Rent e-bikes from Pedego Edmonton
- Electric bikes make biking SO accessible! You can go farther and faster, without really breaking a sweat. It’s literally a game changer for me!
- My absolute favourite electric bike brand is Pedego Canada and I was so thrilled when locally-owned Pedego Edmonton opened this year!
- You can rent Pedego e-bikes to zip around the city. They are conveniently located in Old Strathcona, which gives you easy access to lots of spots like:
- Yelo’d Ice Cream
- Instagrammable Walls (check my guide / bike down alleyways!)
- Nhon Hoa Sandwich Bar
- Teapsy Lab
- Avila Arepa
- Ritchie Market
- City skyline view from Saskatchewan Drive
- and more!!
Of course you can take your wheels really anywhere in the city, these are just the general areas we hung around. All three options are locally-owned and offer unique and fun ways to explore. I highly recommend!
Watch my video with Travel Alberta: Wheeling Around Edmonton – Segway, Vespa, and E-Bike to Explore Edmonton
And be sure to subscribe to Travel Alberta’s YouTube Channel for more video ideas to explore the province this summer! I’m doing at least four (and hey, maybe more throughout the year who knows!!)
Subscribe to Travel Alberta’s YouTube Channel
My next video with Travel Alberta will be highlighting Indigenous food experiences you can try in Edmonton.
Note: this post is NOT sponsored by Travel Alberta. I’m working with them as a contractor for video production but not for blog / social media (these are just things I’d share about anyway lol).
- Follow @lindork on Twitter
- Follow @lindork on Instagram
- Like Lindork – Linda Hoang on Facebook
- Follow @lindork on TikTok
If you live or work in the Edmonton, Alberta area, or care about Edmonton content, sign up for my hyperlocal newsletter to get weekly recommendations on things to do, eat, and know this week (in the Edmonton area), plus more exclusive content. You can sign up for a free or paid subscription.
SIGN UP FOR MY EMAIL NEWSLETTER
(You’ll get the option to select free or paid after you enter your email).