Week 9 was excellent! Back on the web. Loved it. Also got in some half-day editing shifts. Also fun. Also got positive critique from practice packages and the actual package I cut to air over the weekend – my editing supervisor said all three were definitely airable (and obviously the one pack Did air) and she was impressed that I was able to cut a package when the script ended up coming in close to 5:20 p.m. Speedy newbie package cutter! Love it :) I hope to get some more packages cut in the coming weeks! It just feels much more satisfying and show-off-able than VOs and VOSOT-cutting. Anyway!
Here’s some of the articles I wrote for the website during Week 9:
- Comedy class helps Edmontonians find their inner “giggle”. March 10 2011.
- Edmonton family prays for young mother’s recovery from paralysis. March 10 2011.
- Victims of hate crime speak out. March 10 2011.
- Racially-motivated crimes rare in Edmonton: officials. March 9 2011.
- Holocaust survivor brings message to Edmonton students. March 9 2011.
- Alberta’s rising star. March 9 2011.
- Villa Caritas officials were warned about potential dangers before patient suicide. March 9 2011.
- Exclusive: Parents of Nancy Cooper speak. March 8 2011.
- Four men charged in relation with hate crime spree. March 8 2011.
- MLA to present evidence backing claims of government cover up. March 7, 2011.
- Emergency in-patient numbers have decreased: province. March 7, 2011.
- Controversial mental-health facility now open. March 7, 2011.
- Global Edmonton Trouble Shooter wins consumer awards. March 7, 2011.
- Local volunteer rescue dog Toby to become a movie star. March 7, 2011.
Next week I will be doing web again! :)
The week after that I think I’ll be switching it up and heading back into miscellaneous newsroom duties and then we’ll go from there.