My fur babies are a big, big part of my life.
If you’re following me on social media, you’ve likely seen photos and videos of my two cats and two dogs –
Thor (who just turned 5), Loki (3 years old), Olive (2 years old), and Artie (who is the newest to our family, and nearly 6 months old).
Their importance in our lives is why I’m very excited to announce that I’m now officially a Purina Pet People brand ambassador!
So, what does that mean for you?
Basically: more pet-themed blog posts, even more photos of my two cats and two dogs (yay!), useful tips and tricks when it comes to living with and caring for animals, and (the best part) – free, fun giveaways!
To kick off my official brand ambassadorship with Purina, I’m sharing my tips for the best cat litter experience and giving away Purina Tidy Cats prize pack that includes a three-month supply of Tidy Cats + a $25 Visa gift card!
I always want to be as real as possible in my posts, which is why I was thrilled when Purina asked if I could write about their new Tidy Cats litter because this is the litter that Mike and I have been using for months now!
And we love it.
We truly have noticed a huge difference in litter clean-up with Tidy Cats so I could not wait to get writing about this product.
We’ve been using Tidy Cats Clumping Litter, but the newly launched Tidy Cats Clumping Litter Lightweight with Glade is what I’ll be giving away!
It promises strong clumps with easy clean-up, powerful odour and moisture control, a Glade ‘Clear Springs’ scent, and is 99.6%dust-free. Based on its predecessors, I can say with confidence that this product will help simplify our litter experience!
In the last 5 years, Mike and I have tried so many different types of litter and so many different types of litter boxes, it’s only this past year that we think we’ve finally settled on a combination that really works.
We’ve spent hundreds of dollars on ‘fancy’ litter boxes. We’ve used layered litter boxes (three parts where you sift and shake to separate the litter). We’ve used rolling litter boxes (enclosed, where you roll from side to side to separate the litter). These fancy concepts always end up failing us.
We’ve gone through countless types of litter brands (some were too smelly, some did not have good clumping, some our cats refused to even use, and some we needed to constantly replace).
But in the past year we finally figured out a great combination to make our litter clean-up easy – including switching to Tidy Cats – and I’m happy to share our set-up with you!
Tips for the Best Cat Litter Experience
To replicate our happy cat litter experience, this is all you need:
- (1) very simple, cheap, plastic litter box (literally just the pan) – $10 *
- (1) litter scoop – $3
- (1) Litter Locker (litter storage/disposal) – $20 *
- (1) Purina Tidy Cats litter – $7-$25 depending on size
* two if you have two cats
* if you don’t have a Litter Locker that’s fine too, wherever you normally dispose of the dirty litter works fine. We like the Litter Locker because it doesn’t let any stink seep out before we’re ready to take the trash outside!
I clean the litter box daily, and my process goes like this:
- Scoop out clumped up pieces
- Place into Litter Locker
Um, that’s literally it! The entire process takes less than a minute!
In about a week or two, the Litter Locker fills up, so I take out the bag or replace the dispenser.
Every week I also sift a bit more Purina Tidy Cats litter into the box.
It’s super straight forward and clean, and I feel like I’m getting so much value out of the litter.
Admittedly I should dump all the litter every so often and clean out the box completely but this rarely happens… and yet there’s no stink or other gross issues!
At one point more than a year ago I remember we were going through litter like crazy because it wasn’t clumping right and we ended up having to trash so much of the litter. We haven’t had to do that at all since switching to Tidy Cats!
So I do honestly love Tidy Cats and think it’s made a huge difference in our litter lives! It’s clean, odour control is great, clumping is perfect, and the cats track very little of it outside their boxes. Understandably, every cat is going to be different and there’s likely never one solution that works for all cats, but I can say in my personal experience, this is the best litter we’ve ever had.
Now here are a few litter links that may be relevant for you courtesy of Purina:
- Tips for switching to a new cat litter
- Maintaining scoopable litter
- How to decide which Tidy Cats is right for you
- And more ‘Tidy Tips’ including reasons why your cat may be going outside the box, or odd behaviour inside the box.
And of course – onto the free stuff!
** GIVEAWAY **
ENTER TO WIN A PURINA TIDY CATS LITTER PRIZE PACK!
(Prize includes a $25 Visa gift card and a three-month supply of Tidy Cats Litter)
Here are the different ways you can enter this contest (please check off what you’ve done through the Rafflecopter widget below to qualify!)
- Leave a comment on this blog post telling me your litter box strategy (do you clean daily? weekly? do you use a fancy box? what do you look for when deciding what litter to buy?)
Note: You MUST leave a comment in order to be eligible for the prize!
- Tweet this message: I want to win a @PurinaCanada #TidyCats litter prize pack from @lindork! My cat would love it. http://bit.ly/1STQaIc #PurinaPetPeople
- Follow me @lindork on Twitter
- Follow @PurinaCanada on Twitter
- Follow @TidyCats on Twitter
- Like my Facebook Page – Lindork – Linda Hoang
This contest is open to anyone in Canada.
I’ll randomly select one winner after the contest closes on April 29, 2016.
* Note: Comments are moderated so if they don’t appear right away, don’t worry!
Thanks to Purina for offering this Tidy Cats litter giveaway!
Disclaimer: I will always provide my 100% honest opinion on this blog. This blog was posted as part of my Purina Pet People brand ambassador partnership. This has no impact on opinions stated in this post (I wouldn’t say good things about it if I didn’t believe it to be true!)