March through May is always a crazy time of year for me – at least for the last couple of years, since the Edmonton International Cat Festival was created!
For those who don’t know, I started this festival in 2014 as a way to focus some of my energy and passion towards a good cause.
The Edmonton International Cat Festival is a celebration of cats, cat culture, and cat people – that is 100% not-for-profit and donates all its proceeds to local cat rescues that help cats in need.
In 2 years, we’ve raised $39,000 for three different rescues (the Edmonton Humane Society, Little Cats Lost, and Zoe’s Animal Rescue). Last year, 1,200 people came out! We expect this year’s festival (which takes place Saturday, May 28, 2016) to be bigger + better, with even more cat-themed programming! (Thanks to my husband Mike, and friends Lisa, Diane, and Brittney for helping this year!)
March through May is such a busy time because that’s when I’m most actively promoting the festival (which takes place on the last Saturday of May – this year that’s Saturday, May 28, 2016).
This year there’s another element to the crazed schedule that I’m hoping you’ll help with.
This beautiful, 9×9, hard-cover, full-colour, 100-page coffee table photo book features photos and profiles on more than 100 cats in the Greater Edmonton area.
In February, Nanc and I drove all over Edmonton to meet and photograph these cats!
The goal is to have the Cats of Edmonton photo books printed and be available for sale at the May 28 festival, with 100% of proceeds from the book going to support the Edmonton Humane Society, Little Cats Lost, and Zoe’s Animal Rescue.
But to do that, we need your help!
We need $13,000 by March 27 in order to print the books in time for the festival.
You can support this special book by contributing on the Indiegogo crowdfunding website.
Think of it like a pre-order – if you contribute at certain dollar levels, you also get more perks (including tickets to the festival – and so meow-ch more!)
- Crowdfunding is a way to generate funds for a project by asking the community to invest or contribute money online. A little bit from a lot of people goes a long way!
- Crowdfunding is a very common practice now (with websites like Kickstarter, Indiegogo, and GoFundMe, to name a few) and it’s safe.
- On Indiegogo, there are levels/rewards set up so people who contribute money at certain levels, will be guaranteed certain rewards back.
- In the case of Cats of Edmonton, we’ve split it up into several levels at different dollar values, with the $40 level (+shipping) being the one that gets you a physical copy of the book (and a few other perks).
- If you choose higher levels, it will include multiple books / other perks, if you were buying for friends/family, etc. The Purr-fect Pair level ($100) has proved popular – where you get 2 copies of the book, 2 tickets to the Cat Festival, etc.
Check out our Cats of Edmonton campaign video below
We’re hopeful we can reach our goal and bring this unique book, featuring beautiful, local cats, to life!
Remember, 100% of proceeds from the book sales go right back to the festival – which donates right back to local cat rescues.
It’s all for a good cause!
Please share the crowdfunding page with all of your cat loving friends!
Please get a book for one of your cat loving friends!
If you’re reading this, I know you have at least one cat lover in your life who would love this book! (Statistically, every single person should know at least one other person who likes cats, lol).
Thanks for your help,
We so appreciate your support.
Linda + Nanc