Things I learned this week…
1. First days are bad, but things do get better.
2. Covering conferences and events is very fun.
3. The routine appears to be: interview, transcribe, write the story.
4. I transcribe and write my stories a lot slower than what I am capable of for fear of having nothing to do.
5. Being this short and small makes people think I’m still a high school student.
6. Planning what to do each hour really helps make the time and work go by faster.
7. Gmail (and Man) is my best friend at work.
8. If something comes up, offer to cover it!
9. Don’t write up questions for an interview at home when you have time to do it at work.
10. Read newspapers.
More next week…