Things I learned this week…
1. I really want to do entertainment reporting, anchoring, interviewing.
2. I might need to tone down my laugh in case it’s too loud and obnoxious.
3. If someone won’t return my calls, how am I supposed to show their side of the story? Sheesh.
4. My days aren’t boring anymore, I’ve learned to fill my time pretty productively.
5. Having a good conversation with co-workers helps the office atmosphere.
6. My editor really is too nice to have let me go on a second vacation this summer.
7. I enjoy interviews about arts and entertainment more than those related to news.
8. I still need to reduce my ‘Um’s’ before going into the next question.
9. I did a good job at remembering questions and coming up with related questions on the spot this week for my entertainment interview but I still need to work on smoother question transitions.
10. I say ‘Great’ and ‘Let’s see’ between questions too much, need to work on that.
More next week…