This March 2023, you’re invited to the #NEABOnline Festival!
The Northeast Alberta Online Festival is a series of Facebook Live broadcasts taking place on Tuesdays and Thursdays from March 7-28 featuring artists, makers, and entrepreneurs representing and hosted by the diverse Alberta communities of Athabasca, Lac La Biche, MD Bonnyville, Métis Crossing and Vermilion, with FestivalSeekers and I!
I’ve partnered with FestivalSeekers to help put a spotlight on these local business owners and tourism operators across North Eastern Alberta.
The online festival will include virtual tours from 50 local makers every Tuesday and Thursday throughout March and allows viewers to go behind the scenes to learn more about some of the region’s best businesses and tourist attractions.
This is a great way to learn about and support small Alberta business owners and tourism operators, and plan your own visits to check out the region! Many of these locations are less than 2 hours drive from Edmonton.
There are 3 ways to participate in #NEABOnline Festival:
1. Watch the Facebook broadcasts LIVE in each week’s Facebook event page:
2. Watch the LIVE videos shared on the following Facebook Pages:
3. Catch each of the LIVE videos shared on @FestivalSeekers Facebook Page.
Ahead of the festival, here’s a preview on just some of the great artists, makers, and entrepreneurs you can learn more about during their #NEABOnline Festival Facebook Live Videos this March 2023!
Hideaway Adventure Grounds:
Hideaway Adventure Grounds is an Indigenous-owned camping, glamping, and daytrip Metis settlement and getaway location in Kikano, Alberta located near Lac La Biche, just 2 hours north east of Edmonton. If you’re not planning to do an overnight rustic camping experience you could instead book one of their many daytrip group or individual programs or adventure packages. They’ll take you into their Trading Post and show you part of their programming—setting up a Trapper Tent—in their #NEABOnline live videos!
- Learn more about Hideaway Adventures Grounds
- Tune into Hideaway Trading Post + Adventure Grounds’ #NEABOnline Facebook Live Videos: March 14 at 10 a.m. and March 21 at 10 a.m.
River Meadows RV Park:
River Meadows RV Park is located along the Athabasca River just two hours of north Edmonton. This is a large, secluded, private campsite that offers lots of adventure opportunities, from swimming to boating, fishing, canoe, kayaking, paddleboarding, hiking, biking, and more. They’ll show you all the different activities you can do on site in their #NEABOnline video!
- Learn more about River Meadows RV Park
- Tune into River Meadows RV Park’s #NEABOnline Facebook Video: March 14 at 11 a.m.
Lac La Biche Museum:
Plan to stop into the Lac La Biche Museum the next time you’re up in Lac La Biche County—in addition to year-round displays and interpretive information, they’ve got some fun new exhibits coming this spring/summer which they’ll preview in their #NEABOnline video.
- Learn more about Lac La Biche Museum
- Tune into La La Biche’s #NEABOnline Facebook Live Video: March 7 at 10 a.m.
Kookum Clara’s Custom Cree-ations:
Clara started making her ‘Cree-ations’ as part of her healing journey after her father died, and was surprised when people started requesting custom orders and wanting to buy from her. In Clara’s #NEABOnline videos, she’ll show you how she creates vinyl designs for the shirts she makes, and show you how she adds pockets to her beautiful ribbon skirts. She’ll also share more about the designs and images she puts on her clothes, including the meaning behind the Medicine Wheel.
- Learn more about Kookum Clara’s Custom Cree-ations
- Tune into Kookum Clara’s Custom Cree-ations Facebook Live Videos: March 7 at 3 p.m. and March 14 at 3 p.m.
Plamondon Festival Centre:
The Plamondon Festival Centre is a hub of activity for this northeast Alberta community and in their #NEABOnline video they’ll be taking you into a tour of the space and giving you a preview of some upcoming events. If you tune in you can also win tickets to an upcoming Comedy Night!
- Learn more about Plamondon Festival Centre
- Tune into Plamondon Festival Centre’s Facebook Live Video: March 7 at 11 a.m.
KT Creeations is an Elk Point, Alberta based business that specializes in baby, youth, and adult moccasins, mitts, mukluks, vests and more!
- Learn more about KT Creeations
- Tune into KT Creeations Facebook Live Video: March 16 at 10 a.m.
Alberta Parks (Sir Winston Churchill Provincial Park)
Sir Winston Churchill Provincial Park located in Lac La Biche County is comprised of a cluster of eight different islands around one lake. This park is unique, what with all the islands that make it up, but also because it is home to an Old Growth Forest. And in the summertime they host a regular Music in the Park event series!
They are teaming up with local musician Maddie Storvold to do a Music in the Park preview for the #NEABOnline Festival!
- Learn more about Sir Winston Churchill Provincial Park
- Tune into Sir Winston Churchill Provincial Park’s Facebook Live Video: March 7 at 9 a.m.
Soup Time and Orchard Fresh Syrups
Soup Time and Orchard Fresh Syrups are owned by the same family in Lac La Biche area—who actually sell a lot in the Edmonton and northeastern / central rural Alberta areas, both their delicious soups and syrups! They also run a U-pick farm in the summer.
Grand Rapids Wilderness Adventures
Grand Rapids Wilderness Adventures on the Athabasca River and Grand Rapids Wildland Provincial Park offers one of Western Canada’s most unique, exclusive wilderness experiences—multi-day jet boat trips, heli-flights, historical tours, fishing trips, paddling adventures, snowmobiling and more!
- Learn more about Grand Rapids Wilderness Adventures
- Tune into Grand Rapids Wilderness Adventures Facebook Live Video on March 9 at 12:30 p.m.
Heart Berries and Cedar
Shaunna of Heart Berries and Cedar, is a 2Spirit Artist / Seamstress / Designer / Indigenous Earrings Maker based in the Cold Lake, Alberta area who specializes in beautiful beaded earrings and jewellery. In her Live Video, she will talk about the cultural significance of beadwork and share a demonstration of her beading process.
- Learn more about Heart Berries and Cedar
- Tune into Heart Berries and Cedar’s Facebook Live Video on March 23 at 1 p.m.
That’s just a handful of Alberta business owners and tourism operators who will be virtually welcoming you into their space as part of #NEABOnline Festival this March 2023.
Mark your calendars and plan to watch the Facebook broadcasts LIVE in each week’s Facebook event page:
(RSVP to the Event Pages for post reminders!)
And watch the LIVE videos shared on the following Facebook Pages:
You can catch each of the LIVE videos shared on @FestivalSeekers Facebook Page too!
I’ll be tuning into the festival virtually and I hope you join me! I also can’t wait to shop + book + support these northeast Alberta makers, artists, and entrepreneurs!
Disclaimer: This blog post was shared as part of a paid partnership with Festival Seekers to highlight the #NEABOnline Festival. This does not impact opinions stated in the post. I loved supporting local businesses and exploring Alberta—in person or virtually and I encourage you to do the same.
- Follow @lindork on Twitter
- Follow @lindork on Instagram
- Like Lindork – Linda Hoang on Facebook
- Follow @lindork on TikTok
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
If you live or work in the Edmonton, Alberta area, or care about Edmonton content, sign up for my hyperlocal newsletter to get weekly recommendations on things to do, eat, and know this week (in the Edmonton area), plus more exclusive content. You can sign up for a free or paid subscription.
(You’ll get the option to select free or paid after you enter your email).