Social Media Notes
Here’s this week’s round-up of social media (& tech) news. Come by each Sunday for what I hope to be a fun & informative blog post on social stories that caught my eye throughout the week!
- It looks like Apple is making the move to go social by buying social analytics firm Topsy.
- Also check out the most retweeted tweet of 2013! (More worthy than the most popular Instagram photo)
- And look at this 2013 Twitter Retrospective.
- Beyonce surprise released her new album this week and the topic generated 1.2 million tweets in just 12 hours. (surpassing ‘sharknado’ in social media buzz).
- Twitter is testing a mobile feature that reveals who is tweeting nearby, whether you follow them or not. #dislikebutton (I’m not really into location-type features/apps)
- There’s now baby seats with an iPad attachment. Worst. ever.
- Have you looked at your 2013 Facebook Year in Review yet? New jobs, new pets, great vacations, interesting round-ups I’m sure.
- Really not that exciting but Instagram now lets you send private photo/video messages to people. Can’t they update the filters?! :(
- Lol. So Twitter announces changes to blocking users – making it a lot easier for stalkers and such – then backtracks because of user uproar. They are going to ‘continue to explore features designed to protect users from abuse.’
- Any verified account can now live stream video & create a Google+ Hangout on Air.
- Which tech company reigns supreme as best place to work? Is it Twitter? Facebook? Google? Apple?
- “Learn to tweet – it’s going to be part of your job” and four other social media predictions from HootSuite.
- Are you a TV binge watcher? A new Netflix study shows TV binge watchers are more common than you think.
- Did you miss my Social Media Spotlight on #BundleUpYEG? Donations pour in to help bundle up the city’s less fortunate with the help of social media!
- Check out this week’s adorable Cat Saturday photos. I’ve seen a lot of them before but my favs are 2, 7, 9, 10, 13, 18, and 24!
Thoughts on these stories? Tweet @ me or leave a comment below!