Social Media Notes
Here’s this week’s round-up of social media (& tech) news. Come by each Sunday for what I hope to be a fun & informative blog post on social stories that caught my eye throughout the week!
- An interesting read on “like-farming.” The Facebook likes you should dislike. I am always suspicious of certain things that pop up on my feed. You should be too!
- An even more interesting read on Upworthy’s most successful strategy ever. I did not realize they make at least 25 possible headlines for each post before going through more tests to determine what headline to go with. I am often lured in.
- Noooo. Facebook to prioritize more news, fewer memes, in News Feed. What about teh Grumpy Cat?
- Too funny to be true… turns out that epic airplane feud that was live-tweeted was a hoax! Fooled, all of us.
- Amazon. Drones. Online shopping deliveries in minutes. This is the future!
- Good round-up from Mashable: Reddit’s biggest moments of 2013.
- Twitter slowly taking over all phones – Internet-free Twitter service coming to international markets.
- Instagram is having a mysterious event on Dec. 12 and there are rumours it involves an expansion to print?
- Groaaan…. Rebecca Black of ‘Friday’ fame is back with … ‘Saturday.’
- Reddit helps woman find her lost dog, Internet says ‘aww.’ Forget the traditional flyers. The Internet wins.
- When social media bleeds into the rest of llife – 12 social media accounts that turned into books. I hate the Mashable gallery/slideshow format though.
- Well this would help with interacting with some awkward statuses… Facebook toys with idea of a ‘sympathize’ button.
- A great Twitter account to follow: @FacesPics – faces in everyday things!!
- Did you miss my Social Media Spotlight on the bitcoin craze and how its growing locally?? It helped me understand the digital currency a bit better and hopefully it will help you too!
- Check out this week’s adorable Cat Saturday photos. I’ve seen a lot of them before but my favs are 3, 5, 10, 12, and 24!
Thoughts on these stories? Tweet @ me or leave a comment below!