Social Media Notes
Here’s this week’s round-up of social media (& tech) news. Come by each week for what I hope to be a fun & informative blog post on social stories that caught my eye throughout the week!
- You can now opt to receive direct messages from anyone on Twitter – regardless of if they’re following you. This had been a feature for some users already but it’s not being pushed out to all users. Beneficial from a company standpoint!
- Um. You can now download your Google search history. I don’t see how this is a good thing lol.
- Instagram has some updated guidelines, including outlining what type of nudity is okay.
- Always be careful what you favourite on Twitter – this politician learned the hard way after fave-ing a “sexy” photo. Then saying his iPhone charger did it. LOL
- Everyone’s favourite fast-growing texting app has more than 800 million active users. I wish WhatsApp didn’t look so ugly on my phone. Aesthetics people lol.
- Also you can now access Facebook Messenger on browser. Hints at bigger plans in the works for Messenger.
- “Oversharenting” is sweeping cyberspace: parents are posting too much personal stuff (complainants say).
- Check out this peek inside how Facebook decides what goes into your news feed: the goal is to deliver the 20 things that really matter every day.
- Twitter is putting even more emphasis on photos – looks like they’re testing a different expanded photo view on mobile!
- Making even more connections: Tinder now integrates with Instagram!
- Interesting: the new “Clear” app will scan your tweets and help you delete them to avoid any future embarrassment.
- Did you see this week’s Cat Saturday photos?! My favourites are 1, 4, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18 and 25!!!
- And speaking of cats! Did you see Pudge the celebrity cat is flying in from Minneapolis for the Edmonton International Cat Festival May 30?! Yay!
Thoughts on these stories? Tweet @ me or leave a comment below!