Social Media Notes
Here’s this week’s round-up of social media (& tech) news. Come by each week for what I hope to be a fun & informative blog post on social stories that caught my eye throughout the week!
- A very interesting read: A teenager’s view on social media (written by an actual teen). While I’m not a teen, I do think some of these perspectives are spot-on.
- iMedia Conference is back! Stay tuned for session information. I’ve been asked to emcee again which I’ve agreed to! They were nice enough to ask me to emcee last year I am happy to do it again :-)
- Interacting with organizations is so fun! I love engaging with the @MacEwanU account from @NAIT. Corporate accounts don’t need to be stuffy!
- Check out Pew Research’s Social Media Update 2014 – including Facebook still remains to be by far the most popular social media site, and multi-platform use is on the rise.
- I wasn’t sure what to expect when I saw the headline before clicking through to the story but this poo emoji button-up shirt is actually really nice. Lol.
- A new study suggests Edmonton is the saddest Canadian city on Twitter. I disagree! Small sample size, we’re stuck with the Oilers, etc. Though people can sure be rant-y online.
- A new survey finds 14% of employees spend over an hour on social media at work. Just an hour?
- LinkedIn’s blogging platform has reached one million posts and is now expanding access to all members in English-speaking countries. 230 million English speakers are abel to publish to LinkedIn.
- Check out the ‘social media’ wins of the Golden Globes including Catherine Zeta-Jones as the red salsa dancer emoji!
- Did you see this week’s Cat Saturday photos?! My favourites are 1, 2, 8, 11, 15, and 29!
Thoughts on these stories? Tweet @ me or leave a comment below!