Social Media Notes
Here’s this week’s round-up of social media (& tech) news. Come by each week for what I hope to be a fun & informative blog post on social stories that caught my eye throughout the week!
- Here are some social trends we can expect to see in 2015 including more chat, location-based feeds, the rise of Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat, and more!
- Twitter’s “While You Were Away” feature is now being rolled out to users, placing ‘interesting tweets’ at the top of your timeline.
- Polaroid is rebranding, launching ‘Blipfoto’ an image-a-day social network. The difference between Blipfoto and other image sharing sites is it only lets you upload one photo per day, “to document the one memorable event from your day.” Will you try it?
- This is so interesting. The Globe and Mail’s Leah McLaren on her social media resolution: to like less and contact more.
- The top social change hashtags of 2014 focused on race and gender: #BlackLivesMatter #YesAllWomen.
- What happens when Mark Zuckerberg starts a book club and names the first book? It sells out on Amazon. Lol Move over Oprah!
- 2015 is looking good for Snapchat. Snapchat got $485.6 million in new funding as it rang in the new year.
- Twitter ads are making it seem like accounts are following brands even when they don’t. A bit mislead-y, Twitter.
- An interesting read from the New York Times: Selfies on a stick and the social-content challenge for the media. P.S… I totally want a selfie stick. Lol.
- New research says working adults say email is the most important tool for communication and gadgets/social networks make them more productive.
- Some people aren’t the brightest tweeters. This ISIS fighter accidentally tweeted his secret location.
- The Consumer Electronics Show is taking place this week. Follow all the headlines here!
- Did you see this week’s Cat Saturday photos?! My favourites are 4, 7, 8, 9, 12, 15 and 25!
Thoughts on these stories? Tweet @ me or leave a comment below!