Social Media Notes
Here’s this week’s round-up of social media (& tech) news. Come by each week for what I hope to be a fun & informative blog post on social stories that caught my eye throughout the week!
- Huge! Instagram now has 300 million monthly active users – more than Twitter! It’s also introducing verified accounts and removing spam accounts. Go Instagram! This is not surprising at all. Instagram is on fiyah.
- On that note – Instagram isn’t usually the first platform you think to go to for news, but it’s being used that way more than you think: ‘Instagram is getting so good at news, it should scare Twitter’. Really interesting!
- Check out the 2014 #YearOnTwitter in Canada including the top used hashtags, top conversations, most retweeted and most followed Canadians! Always interesitng. Disappointed #yeg didn’t make it on it two years in a row!
- Check out Twitter’s 2014 #YearonTwitter microsite for even more stats and moments! I can’t wait for Instagram’s Year in Review video!
- No Dislike button coming to Facebook “That’s not something that we think is good for the world. So we’re not going to build that” Mark Zuckerberg says.
- Lawls. Facebook drops Bing as its primary serach engine and will now use its own search tool. Remember when Bing paid to be mentioned in all the TV shows and movies? Lolol.
- I didn’t know this is what this was called.. but a new app makes posting ‘Tweetstorms’ much easier now.
- Instead of killing comments, we should be trying to fix them. a.k.a. don’t let the trolls win.
- LinkedIn is introducing a new homepage that highlights some interaction features including user views, a cleaned-up newsfeed, and a ‘Keep in Touch’ system.
- Did you see this week’s Cat Saturday photos?! My favourites are 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 19, 21, 25 and 27!!!!
Thoughts on these stories? Tweet @ me or leave a comment below!