Social Media Notes
Here’s this week’s round-up of social media (& tech) news. Come by each week for what I hope to be a fun & informative blog post on social stories that caught my eye throughout the week!
I missed last week’s Social Media Notes because I was swamped with Christmas in November! Check out my blog recaps + recipes here.
- I really like Yelp locally but this is an interesting (and sad) article about how online reviews can really hurt businesses. “Trapped between Yelp and a hard place.”
- Have you seen Twitter’s new strategy statement? It’s terrible, jargon-y, and all about the ads. And part of a whole bunch of changes coming to my favourite social network :'(
- Running Reddit can be really stressful. It led this CEO to resign.
- I remember seeing an article about this possible ‘Facebook for work’ a few months ago and it looks like those rumours are surfacing again.
- Facebook Pages can be so difficult. Their newest newsfeed update makes it easier for users to ignore brand posts and much harder for brands to achieve organic reach.
- Mark Zuckerberg celebrated his 11-year anniversary with his wife by making her a super sweet new Facebook Thank You Video Card. And now everyone can turn their friendships into thank you videos.
- Take care of your Facebook privacy. Check out Facebook’s new ‘Privacy Basics’ primer.
- Weird. Or maybe practical? Snapchat has partnered with Square to bring you Snapcash – a payments feature that lets you transfer money to friends. I’d hardly trust it.
- In 2014, 93% of recruiters will use social media to evaluate job candidates. Not suprising! Check out more social media / job hunt statistics from the new Jobvite surey here.
- This seems silly. If you post a photo of the Eiffel tower on Facebook, you could be fined. Really?
- A more hands-on approach to emojis starring Nick Offerman. Lol It’s not that funny but it’s okay.
- Did you see this week’s Cat Saturday photos?! My favourites are 4, 5, 11, 13, 18, and 20!!!!!
Thoughts on these stories? Tweet @ me or leave a comment below!