Social Media Notes
Here’s this week’s round-up of social media (& tech) news. Come by each week for what I hope to be a fun & informative blog post on social stories that caught my eye throughout the week!
- Instagram Ads have come to Canada and even worse (or better for marketers) Instagram Video Ads have also been launched.
- An interesting read on how Buzzfeed infected the Internet with a killer virus. We’re in an attention arms race now.
- The Internet can be so funny sometimes. Check out how a random teenager who works at Target became famous in 12 hours.
- Oh the awkward. Singer Rita Ora claims her Twitter was hacked after failing to get requested 10,000 retweets.
- Noo…. If you don’t like algorithmic filters, you’re probably not goign to like the future of Twitter.
- Read these five points about what your Facebook use says about your personality & self esteem including extroverts upload photos and update their status more often than introverts. (The other points are kinda obvious too).
- This new infographic shows mobile app usage by the numbers – including games accounting for 20% of apps downloaded from the Apple store, and there are 399 million mobile-only Facebook users.
- Coming November 6: Ask Mark Zuckerberg anything during his first public ‘Community Q&A’. I know someone who works at Facebook and apparently Mark does weekly Q&A’s with staff so openness and transparency really is a focus – taking it public for the first time is an interesting move.
- I love Emojis but hate Bitstrips. So I’m leaning more towards not liking this: Bitstrips turns its cartoon avatars into emoji stickers with new Bitmoji app.
- Lots of high level changes over at Twitter with two more executives stepping down.
- Did you see this week’s Cat Saturday photos?! My favourites are 1, 8, 9, 10, 12, 15, 19, 26 and 28!!!!
Thoughts on these stories? Tweet @ me or leave a comment below!