Social Media Notes
Here’s this week’s round-up of social media (& tech) news. Come by each week for what I hope to be a fun & informative blog post on social stories that caught my eye throughout the week!
- Twitter analytics for everyone! Twitter opens up its nifty analytics dashboard for all users. See link clicks, retweets, impressions, get engagement rates, etc. Pretty nifty/nerdy for personal accounts. Handy for business accounts!
- You’ll never believe what Facbeook is going to start doing in news feeds! Facebook will start cracking down on ‘click-bait’ article, after survey found most people want news headlines that help them decide if they want to read the full article before clicking.
- Instagram has released a new app called Hyperlapse. It speeds up and stabilizes long videos into short, time-lapsed clips that you can share on Instagram. I haven’t given it a try yet, but sure will!
- The Emoji-only messaging app has officially launched. “Emojli” is the only emoji-only social network: no words, no spam, just emoji. 70,000 people had signed up back in July when they announced the app was coming. Will you try it?
- Snapchat’s “Our Story” feature (Snapchat’s version of hashtags/event/content curation) has gone live. Photos and videos curated by Snapchat staff appear in Our Story feeds for different events (like music festivals)!
- Using an old Internet browser? Google will start showing old versions of its search page to people using out-of-date versions of some web browsers! I feel like this will confuse a lot of old people, lol.
- An interesting read on how ISIS (the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria terrorist group) is using social media to frighten, inspire, and reach YOU.
- Did you see this week’s Cat Saturday photos?! My favourites are 1, 5, 7, 9, 11, 12, and 19!
Thoughts on these stories? Tweet @ me or leave a comment below!