Social Media Notes
Here’s this week’s round-up of social media (& tech) news. Come by each week for what I hope to be a fun & informative blog post on social stories that caught my eye throughout the week!
- Twitter is testing a new Retweet with Comment feature that will let you cram more text into a RT by linking to the tweet you’re retweeting, yet still displaying the linked tweet in its entirety in your tweet. (TONGUE TWISTER! lol)
- A new report says more people than ever spending their time using a mobile device, and on that device, time spent on mobile apps is higher than time spent on any other digital medium.
- Lots of new features coming for YouTube users, including a translator, virtual ‘tip jar’ video to crowdfunding site link and an app to manage and monitor videos!
- Interesting… Snapchat’s version of a hashtag is Our Story, which pulls together photos & video based around a single event.
- You guys, it’s not just old people using Facebook – new research says although Facebook has lost a few percentage points, it’s still the most popular social network – by far. I have always believed this despite all the studies that said young people are no longer using it!
- Facebook News Feed update looks at whether people are actually watching video – and for how long – on their feed. My perspective: I don’t watch any video on Facebook. #notime
- Could being on Facebook at work become part of everyone’s day job? Source says Facebook is building ‘FB@Work’, an internal entrprise communication platform.
- More Canadian businesses need a strategic social media plan to give them a proper return on social media investment.
- Did you hear about Facebook’s unethical experiment? They manipulated 700,000 users’ news feeds in order to study ’emotional contagion through social networks.’
- Whoa! Device shines light in different colours depending on Wi-Fi signal strength, reveals ‘light graffiti.’
- A bit old school looking but interesting – Build your own virtual reality viewer with Google Cardboard.
- Eagerly awaiting my iPhone 6! The iPhone 6 is expected to rack up “sold” consumer demand.
- Check out this week’s Cat Saturday photos! My favourites are 2, 7, 14, 15, 17, 21, 31, 33 and 34!
Thoughts on these stories? Tweet @ me or leave a comment below!