Social Media Notes
Here’s this week’s round-up of social media (& tech) news. Come by each week for what I hope to be a fun & informative blog post on social stories that caught my eye throughout the week!
* Note: Sorry I have been missing the last couple of weeks’ Social Media Notes (or restaurant reviews for that matter)! Time has been all-consumed by preparing for the inaugural Edmonton International Cat Festival!*
- City auditor says Edmonton needs to update its social media presence. Interesting that social media falls into recommendations the city auditor makes now!
- I think this is such an interesting use of Vine: Choose Your Own AdVINEture ~ charting a whole new world of interactive Vines.
- Did you notice? Twitter quietly changes its font from Helvetica Neue to Gotham. Despite the Twitter backlash, I have nothing against it. Lol.
- And the new most-liked Instagram photo of all time is…. hint: Kimye.
- Thank goodness. Automatically-posted stories from apps like PInterest, Instagram, Farmville, Spotify, RunKeeper, etc., are going to show up less and less in News Feeds. Yaaaay! Spamminess be gone.
- Good news on the Facebook privacy front – default privacy now ‘Friends’ instead of ‘Public.’
- Cats dominate the Internet – which is my loose connection/reasoning behind sharing this article: Cat people are smarter than dog people. Meooooow!
- This is pretty interesting – The right to be forgotten. You can now ask Google to remove links about you. On its first day, Google gets 12,000 requests to be ‘forgotten.’
- Check out this week’s Cat Saturday photos! My favourites are 1, 2, 4, 5, 12, 14, 16, 22, 25 and 34!
Thoughts on these stories? Tweet @ me or leave a comment below!