Social Media Notes
Here’s this week’s round-up of social media (& tech) news. Come by each week for what I hope to be a fun & informative blog post on social stories that caught my eye throughout the week!
- Looks like the Twitter/Facebook profile page is now available for all users. I switched over already. Might as well – it’s inevitable.
- Facebook now has more than one billion monthly mobile users, making nearly twice as much per user as it did a year ago.
- Instagram’s ‘Explore’ tab got a bit of a makeover – it now shows photos form people you actually know.
- How many emails do you think get sent per minute? Find out! plus other crazy by-the-minute stats.
- An interesting read on buying friends and influence online. It’s super cheap and easy, apparently. But don’t do it because that’s lame. You don’t want to be lame.
- There’s an app for that – Netflix Roulette offers random movie choices. Can’t even add up how much time Mike & I have wasted trying to decide what movie to watch on Netflix! Lol may try this app tonight.
- This is a really bizarre story. A boy reported missing in France apparently only existed on Facebook, as did the profiles of his supposed mom and dad. Who has time to do this kind of stuff?
- I thought this was ridiculous – but it’s probably happening more and more in this social media age: Boy dumps girlfriend using Instagram hashtag.
- Coming to your Twitter Feed: Ads that preview company websites (called Website Cards).
- Not surprising: A study finds photos make up 75% of Facebook brand/company page’s content worldwide. We know visual = more engagement so this is a no brainer!
- I KNEW IT. Faulty iPhone sleep/wake button is a real thing and Apple says it will replace phones free of charge!
- New to Pinterest: “Guided Search” – descriptive guides that help you explore and “get you where you want to go.”
- This was an interesting exchange: Mark Ruffalo gets in trouble (sort of) with Marvel over tweeting ‘Avengers 2’ pics. Crazy he can’t share behind-the-scenes photos!
- More reason why people should just NOT be using Internet Explorer anymore: new zero day vulnterability identified in all versions of IE.
- I virtually sat in on the ‘World’s Largest Webinar’ with reps from Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn this week – and it was terrible. Check out the recap (including one of my tweets!) Terribly basic.
- Check out this week’s Cat Saturday photos! My favourites are 2, 6, 8, 9, 15, 18, 24, and 29!!!!
- And as a bonus: Tweet @ me or leave a comment below!