Social Media Notes
Here’s this week’s round-up of social media (& tech) news. Come by each week for what I hope to be a fun & informative blog post on social stories that caught my eye throughout the week!
- Well this sucks. If you haven’t heard about the Heartbleed Bug yet – here are some links: Heartbleed Hit List, Heartbleed Bug affects gadgets everywhere, What is the Heartbleed Open SSL Bug and how can you protect your PC?, Heartbleed fears shut more Canadian government sites, etc… etc… etc.
- We’d been hearing rumours about it for awhile now but last week Twitter finally addressed it officially: new profiles that are very Facebook-esque. Le sigh. My @YEGCatFest account is rocking the new profile. Whatcha think?
- More Twitter thinking it’s Facebook news: Twitter introduces pop-up notifications on the web.
- A new report says 44% of Twitter users have never tweeted.
- Eep! Google Glass available April 15 in the U.S. – one day only for a cool $1,500. Hopefully the next roll-out includes Canada and is cheaper!
- Study says wearable technology is set for explosive growth in coming years.
- Adding to that – Apple has patented mobile 3D goggles designed for watching videos. Definitely not as sexy looking as Google Glass, lol.
- Let’s live in France? In an effort to improve work-life balance, France tells employees to stop checking work-related emails after hours!
- How many games do you actually stick with on your smartphone? Study says 66% of players ditch free games within a day. Currently I’m obsessed with “Quiz Up!”
- Coming soon – New Amazon smartphone coming this fall?
- Soon we’ll all be cyborgs? This is the first time I’ve heard of this crowdfunded capsule that gets inserted into your body allowing you to interact with different devices by waving oyur hand or entering a room. Ships this month. Yikes.
- Did the Instagram outage affect you this weekend? Selfies cease. Users complain on Twitter.
- Facebook is rolling out new policies to Cut down on News Feed spam including posts by Pages that ask for Likes & Shares.
- Survey finds teens love Apple more than ever. #apple4eva
- Check out this week’s Cat Saturday photos! My favourites are 1, 2, 3, 6, 11, 17, 19, 20, 23, 26, 27, and 32!!!!
Thoughts on these stories? Tweet @ me or leave a comment below!