Social Media Notes
Here’s this week’s round-up of social media (& tech) news. Come by each week for what I hope to be a fun & informative blog post on social stories that caught my eye throughout the week!
This week’s headlines are heavily on the Twitter side of things! Fitting I guess, as Twitter celebrated its 8th birthday this past week!
- Twitter rolls out easier, faster video playback within mobile apps.
- Twitter is testing a new Timeline feature called ‘Fave People’ which is basically like a List but with a different name, lol.
- For its 8th birthday, Twitter let users find and share their #FirstTweet. Did you check out my blog post about my incorrect #FirstTweet and why you shouldn’t delete your tweets!
- But really, happy birthday Twitter! I can’t believe it’s been eight years. Here’s a history of Twitter in 15 tweets.
- Terrible… Turkey blocks Twitter after PM says he wants to ‘eradicate’ it. Ugh. Censorship. There are a lot more articles online about the ban and how people are tweeting despite it so if you’re especially interested, just do a quick Google search!
- I didn’t even know or remember that Twitter had a #Music mobile app but apparently it’s shutting down now lol.
- Because it needs it… Google debunks 10 Google Glass myths including ‘Glass is always on and recording everything,’ ‘Glass is only for those privileged enough to afford it’ and ‘Glass marks the End of Privacy.’
- Have you heard The #Selfie Song? I may be late to the party but just really hearing about it the last few days. It’s actually pretty funny. And catchy. I can see people going crazy for this in the clubs right now, lol.
- Interesting – a new study says Instagram photos that feature faces get more likes! So, if you want more double taps… share some more selfies? lol
- Wearable technology is going to be THE tech craze this year. It was already making waves last year – apparently 400,000 Pebble Smartwatches were sold in 2013. Including the one I bought Mike! ;)
- A more secure Gmail – Google has removed your ability to get out of encrypting your Gmail.
- In case you were itching for more Flappy Bird… Its creator says the addictive game will return ‘better than ever.’
- This is an interesting app – Cloak helps you avoid social network frenemies in real life. Lol.
- Did you miss my #iMedia2014 Storify recap?
- Check out this week’s Cat Saturday photos! My favourites are 2, 3, 9, 11 and 21!!!
Thoughts on these stories? Tweet @ me or leave a comment below!