Social Media Notes
Here’s this week’s round-up of social media (& tech) news. Come by each week for what I hope to be a fun & informative blog post on social stories that caught my eye throughout the week!
- A really interesting read on ‘‘What time is the Super Bowl?’ and SEO trolling.
- Check out this roundup of the best 2014 Super Bowl ads using social media.
- Yay! Google Glass is now ‘framed’ for prescriptions. Still way too expensive but maybe in a few years I can afford one, lol.
- Facebook marks 10 years on Tuesday. Here are some of its failed features.
- Here’s a longer read on how Facebook went from Harvard dorm to taking over the social web.
- Facebook announces Flipboard competitor ‘Paper’ – a news reader app.
- Facebook is also stepping onto Twitter’s TV data turf with ‘Chatter’ – data breaking down chatter about TV on Facebook.
- There’s no article about this but I wanted to mention that the new Facebook trend appears to be quizzes. Tons of ‘what career should you have, what character are you on this TV show, etc.’ Buzzfeed quizzes being shared all over my Facebook feed! In case you were wondering, I got Crazy Cat Lady in the Simpsons character quiz!
- ‘Twitter commerce’ screenshots point to ‘buy buttons’ as a way for Twitter to monetize the network.
- Who do you think is the first person to reach 50 million followers on Twitter? Guess before clicking!
- There’s a new tool to help journalists find news faster. Built in partnership with CNN, Twitter and Dataminr. It will help identify potentially breaking news ‘as it is emerging on Twitter in real time.
- Did you hear? Famous Internet cat Colonel Meow died. I cried twice.
- Check out this week’s Cat Saturday photos! My favourites are 4, 12, 14, 22, 26 and 27!
Thoughts on these stories? Tweet @ me or leave a comment below!