There’s a new pizza joint in town and I love it!
LOVEPIZZA (located at 10196 109 Street) specializes in flatbread/thin-crust style pizzas and opened late January downtown in the busy shopping centre at the intersection of Jasper and 109 Street.
Inside LOVEPIZZA, it’s very slick, clean and modern – very black, white and bright.
It’s got a similar concept to Urbano Pizza – where you head up to the counter to order from a selection of specialty pizzas, or you can opt to build your own – all for a very affordable low-price of $11.95 a pizza.
Do your eyes and ears perk up when you come across the phrase ‘build your own?’ like mine do?
I’m a sucker for anything where I decide what gets combined together so the few times I’ve now been to LOVEPIZZA, I’ve always chosen to create my own concoction!
The choices are vast.
They recommend you don’t go over four toppings before the pizza goes into the oven because it might get too heavy for the crust, but what the heck, I’m a rebel so I like to push it with at least five toppings. ;)
I believe a low-quantity toppings pizza is a wasted pizza.
There’s also the options for finishing toppings!
Imagine my surprise the first time I went through, having carefully decided on five toppings pre-oven cooking, only to realize there were all these other post-oven, finishing toppings you could add too?!
The value at LOVEPIZZA is incredible – they are not stingy on toppings either!
- For vegetables, you’ve got your pick of mushrooms, onions, spinach, shaved pineapple, corn, shaved potato, roasted red pepper, artichoke hearts, chickpeas, jalapeños and broccoli florets.
- For proteins, you can pick pepperoni, Spolumbo’s Italian sausage, pesto-pulled chicken, chipotle BBQ pulled chicken, back bacon, capicolla, Irvings Farm Fresh bacon, farm fresh eggs or genoa salami.
- Cheeses you get the option of fior di latte, house blend, mozzarella, medium cheddar, parmesan, gorgonzola, or daiya mozzarella.
And if those options aren’t enough… you guys, let’s get to those finishing toppings I mentioned earlier:
- Ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, feta cheese, goat cheese pecorino, cherry tomato, green onions, sundried tomatoes, kalamata olives, arugula, pickled red onion, basil, prosciutto, pickled beets, creme fraiche, chili oil, rosemary oil, garlic oil, organic honey, balsamic reduction, cracked black pepper or sea salt.
These are *on top* of all the previous toppings!
LOVEPIZZA is quick, the options are endless, and the product is delicious.
It’s a perfect place for a quick and delicious lunch and it’s super affordable.
LOVEPIZZA is also licensed and super kid/family-friendly (kids eat free on Sundays!)
While I’m a sucker for the Build Your Own options (mine always need to include artichokes, eggs, and prosciutto – to name just a few…) some people I’ve gone with to LOVEPIZZA also swear by their Signature pizzas including:
- The Old MacDonald (spicy tomato sauce, fior di latte, Spolumbo’s italian sausage, farm fresh egg, spinach, shaved parmesan and chili oil)
- The Ode to the Ukraine (with roasted garlic spread, orange cheddar, shaved potato, Irvings Farm bacon, caramelized onions, creme fraiche and green onion)
- And the Meatatarian (tangy tomato sauce, fior di latte, Spolumbo’s italian sausage, pepperoni, capicolla, and shaved parmesan).
I absolutely recommend LOVEPIZZA for any pizza lovers – and if you’re like me and prefer flat/thin-crust, this is definitely the pizza for you.
I like how affordable LOVEPIZZA is, how many great options they have, and their modern, fast-casual feel.
They also try to use local ingredients – which is always a perk, and it’s in and out of the oven fast (done in mere minutes).
And something that’s very important to me when it comes to things situated downtown: there’s lots of parking!
You might have to drive around a few loops to find a spot during the busy lunch rush, but you shouldn’t need to pay for any parking to get to LOVEPIZZA!
They’ve also got an adorable story.
The co-owners loved pizza, had their first date over pizza, and have now opened up LOVEPIZZA!
LOVEPIZZA is all about bringing people together over pizza!
So have you been to LOVEPIZZA?
What do you think? What would your perfect build-your-own-creation be?