I’m excited to support mayoral candidate Amarjeet Sohi’s campaign this fall by hosting a FREE Downtown Instagrammable Wall Walk with Amarjeet himself!
Amarjeet believes that public art is an important part of Edmonton. As it’s free to experience, public art is accessible to everyone. He’s seen how public art murals (Instagrammable Walls!!) have become popular in the city over the years, and has led to more people exploring neighbourhoods and planning activities around art. That’s a great thing.
I was excited to partner with Amarjeet on this free tour because of his love and appreciation of the arts and Instagrammable Walls, but just thrilled to learn this too:
“If I’m elected Mayor, I will ensure we provide funding to businesses and artists so we can continue to create even more beautiful murals throughout the city. I would pay for this through the City’s Percent for Art Program,” – Amarjeet Sohi
More public art! More public art! So exciting.
I haven’t led a downtown Instagrammable Wall Walk since 2019 so I can’t wait for this one—there’s some great new (and old) walls and murals I look forward to showing you, and information about the artwork and artists I can’t wait to share.
The FREE Instagrammable Walls of Downtown Walk with Amarjeet Sohi and me takes place Sunday, Sept. 26, 2021 from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
On this Sunday, Sept. 26, 2021 Downtown Instagrammable Wall Walk, attendees will get:
- A take-home polaroid at a wall of your choice
- A chance to walk and talk with Amarjeet Sohi
- Sohi swag
- We’ll visit about a dozen downtown walls and I’ll share fun facts about the artists and artwork
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- Masks will be mandatory on this outdoor walk
- Please maintain a 2m / 6ft distance from those outside your co-hort
- We will be asking for proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test at check-in (please be prepared with this before you arrive. Learn more about the Government of Alberta’s Restrictions Exemption Program)
- Please stay home if sick
- Please do not get a ticket if you are not comfortable with these COVID-19 safety measures
Register For Your Free Spot!
You will get an email with the meeting location after you register.
Amarjeet Sohi believes public art pieces enhance our quality of life and I couldn’t agree more.
I’m excited to explore Instagrammable Walls of Downtown with you and Amarjeet!
This is the last public group Instagrammable Walls tour I’m doing until the new year (and the first I’m doing with such a special guest ;)) so I do hope to see you there!
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
- Follow @lindork on Twitter
- Follow @lindork on Instagram
- Like Lindork – Linda Hoang on Facebook
- Follow @lindorable on TikTok
Disclaimer: I’ve donated this walk as a way to support mayoral candidate Amarjeet Sohi and highlight his arts and and culture policy, which, among many of his policies, align with my priorities for a city.