Explore Edmonton using their trio of FREE digital passes to access freebies and other discounts at dozens of Edmonton businesses!
Last summer (2020), Explore Edmonton released a Brewery Pass as an incentive program to support local breweries amidst the pandemic. The free pass encouraged you to visit 10 Edmonton area breweries by offering freebies and discounts at each location.
It was a super easy way to explore the city, try some new brews, and support local businesses (I partnered with them at that time to blog about the passes here).
Just sign up for the free pass, add it to your phone, and get quick and easy access to discounts at dozens of local businesses!
I’m partnering with Explore Edmonton to promote their trio of digital passes that make for a fun and easy way to explore the city and support local businesses.
Scroll on for details, some exploration inspiration (see where we went recently to test out the passes), and sign up for free to get your own passes!
This blog post is sponsored by Explore Edmonton.
Sign up for all three of Explore Edmonton’s discount passes:
- Sign up for your free Brewery Pass
- Sign up for your free Downtown Dining Pass
- Sign up for your free Old Strathcona Pass
Note: I don’t get anything extra for people who sign up with my link, lol please enjoy your freebies!
The passes are easy to use:
- Browse the dozens of participating businesses for each pass
- Pick one, or two, a few, or all of them, to visit (choose based on what discount you want, or what new place you want to try, or old fav you want to return to)
- Show up to the business and let them know you’ve got a pass
- Order your food and drinks
- Apply the discount and enjoy!
IT’S SUPER EASY to save money when you go out and it’s really handy to have a list of local spots to visit in the back of your pocket (er, phone!!)
I am a big fan of food or drink crawls so these passes are right up my alley in that respect, as it sort of gives you a built in list of spots to “crawl” around town.
Mike and I recently visited a couple spots for each of the passes.
Here are some photos and list of participating businesses and incentives!
Note: businesses and incentives may change so check the actual pass pages for most up-to-date versions. Also note incentives are ONE-TIME use. Once you’ve “checked in” and redeemed, you can’t use it again.
Explore Edmonton Brewery Pass breweries and incentives:
- Alley Kat Brewing Company – $2 Off Your First Pint or Flight
- Arcadia Brewing Co. – 10% Off Total Bill
- Campio Brewing Co. – 10% Off Total Bill
- Endeavour Brewing Company – $1 Off Your First Flight of Beer
- Odd Company Brewing – 10% Off Total Bill
- Omen Brewing – 10% Off Takeaway Purchases
- Polar Park Brewing Company – 25% Off All Beer Purchases
- S.Y.C. Brewing Co. – $1 Off Every Pint
- Sea Change Brewing Co. – No incentive, but check in to complete the pass to win a T-Shirt!
- The Growlery Beer Co. – 10% Off Merchandise and Growler Fills
- Town Square Brewing Co. – 10% Off Canned Product
* Note if you check in at all breweries, you win a custom T-shirt from Explore Edmonton!
Explore Edmonton Downtown Dining Pass restaurants and incentives:
- 1ST RND – 15% Off Food Purchase
- Bundok – $5 Chicken Skins Or $10 Kale Salad
- Central Social Hall – 20% Off Take-Out or a Free Appetizer
- Craft Beer Market – Flight & A Bite or 2-4-1 Brunch
- Dorinku Osaka – $4 Sapporo (12oz) or 10% Off Dine-In or 10% Off Takeout
- DOSC – 15% Off Your Meal
- Ikki Izakaya – 15% Off Entire Order or Buy 1 Sake, Get 1 Free
- Little Brick – 10% Off Your Bill
- The Common – $5 Off Order Of $25 Or More
- The Confederation Lounge (Fairmont Hotel Macdonald) – 15% Off Entire Bill or 15% Off Take-Out Order For Afternoon Tea
- The Moth Cafe – 20% Off Drinks or 20% Off One Entrée or Free Tea Or Coffee or Free Herbal Boost
(We also took advantage of the 20% off take-out order deal at Central Social Hall—but no pictures!)
Explore Edmonton Old Strathcona Pass restaurants and incentives:
- Ampersand 27 – 20% off an appetizer
- Avila Arepa – Free arepitas
- Blowers & Grafton – 10% off dine-in
- DaDeO – 10% off food
- Dorinku Tokyo – $5 pint of Sapporo
- El Cortez – 15% off food
- MKT Fresh Food – $4 local craft beer on Thursdays
- Sugared & Spiced – 25% off (up to $5 discount)
- Under the High Wheel – free coffee
- Yelo’d Ice Cream & Bake Shoppe – BOGO (Buy one, get one free)
If you’re into food, drinks supporting local, AND (or) into collecting things, these Explore Edmonton passes are perfect and a must-try.
Tackle it slowly one by one over time, or choose a few to visit as a “crawl” one of these weekends! Digitally check off each spot you visit and enjoy those discounts while supporting local business.
Thank you to Explore Edmonton for launching these fun passes providing a fun excuse to explore the city while supporting local businesses.
Sign up for your free Explore Edmonton passes:
Disclaimer: This blog post is sponsored by Edmonton Tourism. This does not impact opinions stated in this post. Mike and I had so much fun on our Edmonton Old Strathcona / Downtown and Brewery Crawl, getting discounts using the three passes, and supporting local businesses. I really think you’ll enjoy it too!
If you live or work in the Edmonton, Alberta area, or care about Edmonton content, sign up for my hyperlocal newsletter to get weekly recommendations on things to do, eat, and know this week (in the Edmonton area), plus more exclusive content. You can sign up for a free or paid subscription.
(You’ll get the option to select free or paid after you enter your email).