Welcome to the three-day roundup …
Weekend Edition (May 27,28,29) of Clicks of the Day!
(I only do one Clicks of the Day post for the weekends so that I can actually have a weekend, lol. And amount of content will fluctuate depending on how much of a weekend I actaully have!)
- The opportunities and challenges of Meporter, a new citizen journalism mobile app
- Glitchbot: for all your corrupt JPEG needs
- 53.5% of Internet Users Will Read Blogs This Year
- Social Media Distractions Are Costing Businesses Major Money
- Sunglasses ban for Vietnam police
- 7 types of annoying drivers: Are you one of them?
- Iran Plans to Unplug Internet, Create Its Own
- Your Commute Is Killing You
- Cute kitten hug video becomes instant online hit
- Young People Would Rather Lose Sense of Smell Than Social Networks
- Bubbling sea signals severe coral damage this century
- Cucumber E.Coli outbreak kills five in Germany and leaves three ill in UK
- A one-page resumé? Forget it. Try selling yourself in 140 characters
- How Social Media & Game Mechanics Can Motivate Students
I am waiting for a breaking news event to happen while I’m around so I can give Meporter a shot! Also will be interesting to see which news orgs. are the ones who try and adopt/make use of Meporter!
I don’t really think this is that artsy but I guess it’s an interesting idea.
Hope mine is one of them! ;)
I think I find a healthy balance of social media involvement and actual work-related productivity throughout the day! Also in the case of a media job, I think social media can really count as part of the work day’s productivity anyway!
Dang communists. If my dad was a cop in Vietnam, he would not be happy with this – given that he LOVES his sunglasses, lol.
Which are you? I guess I’d be “Busy Betty” distracted, etc, lol. :(
Extremely unfortunate. Way to de-volve, Iran.
My commute is a half hour – which is not long enough to kill me and/or cause me to divorce my yet-to-be-married husband. Is yours?
It certainly tugged at my heartstrings!!!!!! SO CUTE.
Just another item to add on the growing list of events contributing to the demise of our world as we know it, lol.
Oh no! I love cucumbers..
I wonder if micro-recruiting will take off!
So interesting! I think students would definitely be more motivated using those techniques!!
Thor Photo of the Day:
Have your say on some of these Clicks of the Day’s!
Leave a comment!