Social Media Notes
Here’s this week’s round-up of social media (& tech) news. Come by each week for what I hope to be a fun & informative blog post on social stories that caught my eye throughout the week!
- Instagram went through and did a big purge of inactive and spam accounts and naturally, everyone freaked out. Taco Bell’s reaction was awesome! Lots of celebrities lost millions of followers and some speculate some of them had even purchased their followers based on how many they lost! (I personally lost 200. lol)
- Finally – some new filters! Instagram rolls out five new filters, the first filter update in two years. I still think most of Twitter’s new filter updates are actually nicer lol and we still don’t have the toggle between accounts on Instagram option. Boo!
- Speaking of social network photo filters, if you upload a photo to Facebook from your phone, it will auto enhance it for clarity, lighting and shadow. Because Facebook knows more about photo filters than you!
- There’s probably a study a month about this but a new study says more teenagers are leaving Facebook.
- Facebook Messenger is trying to be more appealing – its new update lets you add stickers to photos. It’s pretty cute. lol
- Google knows everything. They’re starting to show lyrics for certain songs in search now!
- Please stop copying Facebook, Twitter. They’re thinking about making videos autoplay in users’ timelines.
- Snapchat is growing – acquires an eyeglass company, QR code Scan.me and is planning a music feature. If you thought it was a fad, you are wrong!
- You’ve probably seen Facebook year-in-reviews on your friends’ timelines and you can get your own Instagram review (showing top 5 most popular photos of 2014) through Iconosquare now too!
- Did you see this week’s Cat Saturday photos?! My favourites are 6, 7, 9, 12, 18, 20, 27, and 29!!
Thoughts on these stories? Tweet @ me or leave a comment below!