Social Media Notes
Here’s this week’s round-up of social media (& tech) news. Come by each week for what I hope to be a fun & informative blog post on social stories that caught my eye throughout the week!
* Sorry I missed the last couple of weeks, I was busy working on launching the 2nd Annual Edmonton International Cat Festival revamped site and I was on vacation/work conference so it was a busy time! *
- Have you registered for iMEDIA 2015 yet? It’s a fantastic local social media conference! and I am also going to be the emcee. :-) Hope to see you there March 13 + 14.
- The 2nd Annual Edmonton International Cat Festival line-up has been announced & tickets are now on sale! Please get your ticket and come celebrate the animal that dominates the Internet while supporting local cat rescue organizations!
- Some positive updates on the Twitter trolling front: Twitter expands abuse reports team, updates anti-troll tools.
- Really, be smarter about what you’re tweeting. A Texas teen got fired for a tweet before even starting her job.
- Wowee. Snapchat is seeking a new round of funding that would value the company as high as $19 billion. BILLION!
- Snapchat’s latest: Add music to the videos you snap out.
- Apparently Snapchat’s ‘Our Stories’ are generating tens of millions of views. Snapchat is seriously on fire.
- In the next few months, Pinterest will allow you to buy pinned items without actually leaving the site.
- Facebook is rolling out new suicide prevention and support tools.
- In its latest transparency report, Twitter says government requests for user information has jumped 40% over the previous six months. (Who says people don’t care what you’re tweeting?)
- Tweetdeck is jumping into territory used by Twitter thid parties such as HootSuite and SocialFlow with their ‘Tweetdeck Teams’ – creating two classes of users: administrators and contributors.
- Twitter native video was announed not too long ago and now you can also embed Twitter Video onto your website/blog!
- Say goodbye to third-party Twitter/Wordpress plugins? After 9 years, Twitter has finally released its own official WordPress plug-in.
- Did you see this week’s Cat Saturday photos?! My favourites are 5, 8, 9, 11, 13, 16, 17, 24, 30 and 33!
Thoughts on these stories? Tweet @ me or leave a comment below!