Social Media Notes
Here’s this week’s round-up of social media (& tech) news. Come by each week for what I hope to be a fun & informative blog post on social stories that caught my eye throughout the week!
- There’s been lots of talk about new “anti-Facebook” social network Ello. They’re apparently getting 45,000+ user requests an hour.
- I’m on it but it’s not overly interesting to me at the moment. Also, this interesting article makes me wonder about Ello too: Ello, goodbye (+1 point for clever headline).
- Facebook’s alternative to Google AdWords, Atlas, has launched, serving up ads on non-Facebook sites based on what Facebook knows about you.
- Instagram’s latest Hyperlapse update let’s you take a #Selfielapse using front-facing camera. #howmanytimescanyousaygram
- An interesting look at the Apple App Store’s “trending searches” section – showing lots of questionable apps, suggesting a ‘gamed system’.
- One step closer to buying through Twitter: Amazon shoppers can now add products to their wishlists with a tweet.
- Say no to censorship… Chinese officials block Instagram and the hashtag #OccupyCentral on Wiebo amid Hong Kong protests.
- Live-tweeting crazy airline passengers seems to be a thing: Modern Family editor live-tweets plane passener’s drunken meltdown (will this turn out to be a hoax too? lol)
- This headline says it best: Purposely bending an iPhone doesn’t mean Bendgate is real, it means you’re an asshole. Eye rolling hard at all the bendgate complaints. Every time Apple releases something, a couple of people complain and the media goes wild.
- Did you see this week’s Cat Saturday photos?! My favourites are 1, 2, 12, 13, 17, 19, 21, 22, and 27!
Thoughts on these stories? Tweet @ me or leave a comment below!