One of my favourite restaurants in downtown Edmonton is Rostizado by Tres Carnales located at 10359 104 Street in the historic Mercer Warehouse building. I’m embarrassed it’s taken me this long to formally write about it!
Great decor inside Rostizado!
This modern, Mexican rotisserie has one of the coolest vibes of any restaurant in the city, and some of the best food.
Inside Rostizado by Tres Carnales.
I’ve been to Rostizado a number of times now for both lunch and dinner and have always had such great experiences.
I much prefer it over their sister-restaurant Tres Carnales (it is so different from Tres).
I urge you to order the following at Rostizado:
- Start with the deliciously garlicky Roasted Cauliflower – pan-roasted in pork fat, with lime juice and cumin seeds, chile de arbol, garlic (lots of garlic) and cilantro. You can get a half size for $8 but please, spring for the full size at $18.
The must-get, garlicky roasted cauliflower from Rostizado!
- Share one of the meat platters – slow-roasted chicken and spit-roasted pork is the standard ($45 for the platter for 2), add slow-roasted medium rare beef for an extra good time.
- The platter comes with soft tortillas, three kinds of sauces (a pumpkin seed, salsa verde, and chimichurri) , pickled vegetables, and the best potatoes. Tender, juicy (and local meat – from Four Whistle Farms) – you will get full so fast.
- The platter also comes in sizes for parties of 4 and 6 and there are options to sub in or add extra beef.
Moar meat plz.
For good measure, here are a few more angles of the meat platter:
Another view of the meat platter!
The chicken, pork + beef meat platter at Rostizado!
- Then end the night with mouthwatering sugar & cinnamon-coated churros, with caramelized condensed milk. What’s that? Yes, I’m drooling. At $9, you get so many (seriously one order is enough to feed at least 6 people – and the less there are, the more deliciousness you get… that millllk).
These incredible churros. at Rostizado.
For someone who doesn’t really care for desserts, I simply cannot say no to these damn good churros!
Try to make them yourselves with this recipe!
One of many great nights at Rostizado!
So that is my recommended order for you to try at Rostizado.
If you order this exactly, you will have such an incredible meal – I guarantee it!
I almost feel bad that I haven’t strayed too far from this order in all of my visits – I’m really quite sure their other food offerings are delicious too, but this cauliflower, meat platter, churros combination that I do is always so consistently fantastic, I never want to stray from it.
Rostizado is a great spot for a date night, girls night, friends night out. Show up early to avoid a wait (because – especially on a weekend – this place is a hot spot and you can expect to wait). But once you’re seated – enjoy! Fantastic service, fantastic ambience, fantastic food. Everyone I’ve recommended to Rostizado (and with my particular ‘order’) has had a wonderful time. I hope you do too!
This review was really difficult for me to write because now all I want is to rush to Rostizado and order this Mexican trifecta.
So have you been to Rostizado? What did you think?!