Thor and Loki have such unique, quirky personalities.
I know that’s true of all cats!
Every day they do things that are just so very, naturally “them” and it always makes me smile.
Let’s embrace + celebrate the natural behaviours of our cats!
Below are a few things I love about Thor and Loki’s natural personalities.
At the end of the post, learn more about and enter to win a Purina Canada Cat Chow Naturals prize pack!
1. Thor hugs Mike
Before Mike leaves for work and when he comes home, he needs to get a hug from Thor. She’s super cute because she’ll hop onto the counter or the table and wait for Mike to lean his body down towards her. As soon as he’s down low enough, she’ll stand on her hind legs and stretch out or her front legs – going in for a sweet hug with her dad!
2. Loki jumps to the highest point in the house each day
Loki is an incredible jumper and can make even the most daunting jumps look so natural and effortless. One of the things he likes to do (we think to prove that he is a jumping superstar) is jump on top of the highest point possible in our home and just sit there (very gargoyle/statue-like) watching us little people mill about below him.
3. Thor meows differently for her friend Pascal
Thor had a stuffed animal friend named Pascal with her pretty much since she was a kitten. She used to sleep with Pascal and carry him all over the house. Whenever she was carrying Pascal, she gave off a different type of meow than we’ve ever heard before and over the last 5 years, she only ever meows that way when Pascal is around. We’ve had to put Pascal away since getting the dogs (because they would rip him up – and sadly, have ripped parts of him already) but whenever the dogs are at their grandparents, we put Pascal down to play with Thor and she meows in that very special, only-for-Pascal way, just like she did as a kitten.
4. Loki dashes to the door to eat grass outside
Thor and Loki are both indoor cats but as they’ve gotten older (and see Olive and Artie in the backyard), they’ve become more curious about the outside. In particular, Loki loves to run to the back door with Olive and Artie in the morning and afternoon. When I do let him out (supervised), he goes straight to the grass and could probably sit there forever nibbling away. The funniest part of all of this is that mad dash he makes with the dogs when we get up/get home. He almost acts like a dog in that way, so eager to get out (and eat his grass!)
5. Thor has a morning bathroom routine
When I get up, Thor is waiting for me in the bathroom. She is there when I brush my teeth and then she is there when I shower. Thor has been showering with me for more than 5 years! She loves to sit on the toilet or edge of the shower and pop her head in to get splashed by the water. She’d never go fully in, and if we try to give her a bath she freaks right out, but every morning like clockwork she is waiting for me in the bathroom, part of her morning bathroom routine and part of mine!
Aren’t they the best?!?!?!
** GIVEAWAY **
To help you embrace your cats’ natural personalities, I’m excited to give away a Purina Canada Cat Chows Naturals prize pack!
The pack includes:
- A $50 Visa gift card
- Coupons for a 3-month supply of Cat Chow
- Cat Chow prizes
Here’s some more information about Purina’s Cat Chows Naturals (they have two types):
Cat Chow Naturals:
- With real chicken and salmon
- No added artificial flavours or preservatives
- High in protein like a cat’s natural diet
- Omega-6 for healthy skin & coat
- 100% complete & balanced for all life stages
Cat Chow Naturals Indoor:
- With real chicken and turkey
- No added artificial flavours or preservatives
- Natural fibre blend helps control hairballs
- Helps promote a healthy weight
- 100% complete and balanced for adult cats
To enter for a chance to win a this Cat Chows Naturals prize pack, simply do the following:
- Leave a comment on this post, telling me something about your cat’s natural personality
- Note: you must leave a comment on this post in order to qualify to win!
- Follow me on Twitter (@lindork)
- Follow Purina Canada on Twitter (@PurinaCanada)
- Share this tweet:
- Cats have the best personalities! Enter @lindork’s @PurinaCanada #CatChowNaturals giveaway! #yeg #CatsNaturally
- You can tweet this daily for more entries!
Note: comments are moderated so if yours doesn’t appear right away, don’t worry!
Please let me know which entrie you’ve done in the comments too.
I’ll pick a random winner out of all entries after the contest closes on Friday, September 30, 2016.
** UPDATE ** Congratulations to Amy H. for winning the Purina Prize Pack!
Disclaimer: I will always provide my 100% honest opinion on this blog. This blog was posted as part of my Purina Pet People brand ambassador partnership. This has no impact on opinions stated in this post. (Thor and Loki really are adorable, lol).