I love love! And I love celebrating love. I try to do this year-round, but like having an excuse to do it each year on Valentine’s Day.
Here’s a list of date ideas I’ve put together to help you plan your Valentine’s Day in Edmonton!
It largely builds off previous lists I’ve created so if there are new events happening, please let me know and I’d be happy to add it to the list. Leave a comment, tweet me or email me!
I hope you have a Happy Valentine’s Day!
Explore Edmonton: Things To Do For Valentine’s Day 2017
Last updated: February 8, 2017.
Note: many of these ideas are good to do with friends too!
- Visit the Ice Castle at Hawrelak Park for a Valentine’s photo-op! They’ve got awesome ice thrones you can sit on for a photo op, some refreshments, and maybe try to go down the ice slide (generally reserved for kids but hey, we’re all kids at heart).
- Head on down to the Silver Skate Festival for “Meet Me at Lovers’ Lane” – a romantic horse-drawn sleigh ride, then take in the rest of the festival’s activities and go skating!
- Try an escape game yet? How about trying one with just your significant other? Mike and I tried an escape game just the two of us once and we failed quite horribly. How well would you do? Try Escape City, Time Escape, SideQuest, X-Realm, InTRAP, or BreakOut, to name a few of my favourites but there’s a lot of options for you to choose from! Book your room early before they fill up! (I also love GTFO but they’re still closed after a fire! Hoping the open again soon.)
- Have you ever stayed at Hotel Selkirk? Maybe a visit back early 1900s at Fort Edmonton Park for their Valentine’s Weekend Getaway is the perfect way to celebrate the occasion.
- Speaking of food, pick your favourite restaurant and have a romantic Valentine’s dinner! Here’s a list from OpenTable of some popular Edmonton restaurants taking Valentine’s Day reservations. My romantic restaurant recommendations include XIX Nineteen, Sabor, and Uccellino to name just a few!! Sometimes the Valentine’s dinner doesn’t need to be pricy – visit some hole in the wall restaurants for a fun culinary experience that’s also affordable!
- Netflix and chill can actually just mean chilling on your couch and watching Netflix and I do it a looooot. I recommend Dirk Gently: Holistic Detective Agency, or watching a ton of their romantic comedies.
- I always try to cram in watching as many Oscar Best Picture-nominated movies around this time ahead of the big award show. It’s like Netflix binge-watchin’. You could likely watch them all if you plan your movie marathon right.
- Board game night! Some of my favourite hang outs involve board games. If you’re looking for a low-key, low-cost option, just stay at home and play some board games. Just the two of you or invite some other couples over for the fun.
- Love can sometimes hurt… like when you’re shooting paintballs with your significant other. The Edmonton Paintball Centre is hosting a Valentine’s Paintball event!
- Recreate your first date! Me and Mike like do this on our togetherversary every year but I think it would be pretty fun on Valentine’s too. Where did you go and what did you do for your first date? Go back there, do it again! Or pretend you’re going on a date for the first time and use different identities.
Do you have any suggestions for date ideas in Edmonton for Valentine’s weekend?
Tweet me or leave a comment and I’ll add it!