- The Next Smartphone Revolution: Say Hello To Your New Personal Assistants
“So now Apple’s taking up the torch, and if rumours prove true it’s not just adding speech tech to the iPhone… it’s transforming the device into something new again, starting a whole new paradigm. If it works for Apple, expect others to follow. Get ready to meet your smart personal assistant.”
I find voice recognition (including Apple’s) at this point is pretty inaccurate, lol. Of course Apple would be the first to make it excellent for the mass market. :D
- It’s official, iPhone 5 to be unveiled October 4th
“Apple has finally made the news official. The next iPhone is going to be introduced on October 4th.”
I hope I am eligible to upgrade!! :D
- A Solar Storm Strikes Earth—and Provides a Warning for the Future
“On September 24 the sun unleashed a strong solar storm—an outburst of energy known as a coronal mass ejection that sent a massive cloud of plasma and magnetic energy hurting through space and toward the Earth at 5 million mph.”
Really cool read!
- For Local News, “Word of Mouth” More Widely Used Than Web
“Word of mouth “through friends, family, neighbours and colleagues” outranked the newspaper, the radio, the Internet and every other new and traditional form of news media except for television when it comes to the most widely followed sources of local news.”
I believe it!! :)
- Topless Rihanna Shocks Northern Ireland Farmer During ‘We Found Love’ Video Shoot
“Northern Ireland farmer Alan Graham says he doesn’t know who Rihanna is but she must keep her top on while performing on his land.”
SO funny, LOL.
- Doodle Celebrates Google’s 13th Birthday: Here are 13 Milestones
- One-Third of Sun-Like Stars Have Earth-Like Planets In Habitable Zone
“There are plenty of other Earths out there.”
Took them long enough to come to that conclusion!
- Computer model reveals what would happen if humans became immortal
We shouldn’t try to seek immortality.
- “Living fossil” eel found in underwater cave
“A mitochondrial analysis of the newly discovered fish has shown 200 million years of independent evolution…some of the laundry list of different features are so primitive that they’re deemed older than the most ancient fossil remains.”
- Edmonton father facing sex assault, child porn charges after ALERT investigation
Disgusting, pathetic man.
- Restaurant imposes ‘ethnic’ tips, lawsuit ensue
“Two patrons filed suit against the Baluchi’s restaurant chain yesterday over claims that their bill was illegally padded with an “automatic” 18 percent gratuity reserved for South Asian customers.”
LOL, oh my god. I mean, for the most part it’s true, worst tippers ever, lol. But definitely not a good move by the owners of this restaurant, LOL.
- For Better Or For Worse? How Your Spouse Impacts Your Diet
“When you say “I do,” you are not just signing up for a lifetime of togetherness — you’re also, apparently, signing up for shared eating habits.”
Obvious, lol. I would say my eating habits have positively affected Mike ^_^
- Damon Lindelof Explains How Lost Was Kind Of Bullshit
“If it seemed like the writers were making things up as they went along, by the way, they often were.”
LOL. Whatever, still one of the greatest shows of all time!!
- Don’t Mess With a Guy on a Buffalo
“It’s like the Mary Tyler Moore show, only with a guy on a buffalo instead of single career woman with a can-do attitude.”
Meh. Not the best ‘Today’s Big Thing’ lol.
Crazy cat, lol.