- Is Google Playing it Safe for Gay Pride Month?
I thought the rainbow by the Search button was fine though but I can see why people would question no actual Google doodle!
- 10 Most Terrifying Bridges on Earth
Sheesh! Some bridges need to be re-built for sure. One in Canada also makes the Top 10.
- AOTS Investigates Data Mining
Great look into Data Mining by Attack of the Show’s Kevin Pereira. Watch the video!
- Coming soon, the test-tube burger: Lab-grown meat ‘needed to feed the world’
Our population needs to calm down.
- ‘How Canadian Are You, Eh?’ iPhone app by Citizen and Immigration Canada
“It’s free, but paid for by your tax dollars!” lol. Look at Citizen and Immigration going all tech. I’d be curious to see what my score would be.
- U.S. court rules violent video game ban unconstitutional
Good move! People complain too much.
- How to Check If LulzSec Leaked Your Password One Last Time
Nice! “Your information has not been released to the public” How about you?
- It’s the Ads, Stupid: Why TV Leads to Obesity
“The average American child sees nearly 8,000 commercials on TV for food and beverages, and only 165 of these are for nutritious options like fruits and vegetables.” Whenever I see those wonderful Lays chips commercials I sure want some Lays. lol.
- Making the Case for Infographics in PR
“Infographics are out of control” – lol! I love infographics though sometimes they can feel a little cluttery and distracting but for the most part it really helps put information into a simple to understand, simple to see, perspective.
- [Infographic]: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder – Awareness Day
Speaking of infographics! Thankfully I have never witnessed or been involved in a traumatic event. *crosses fingers it stays that way*
- HMV Canada sold
The last time I bought anything at HMV? *shrugs* We did buy a Thor doll there for Thor (our kitty) so I guess that was the last purchase but other than that…
- The World’s First Wedding Photo + Video shot 100% with an iPhone 4.
Way of the future?
- Twitter for Newsrooms
There’s a lot of Twitter guides out there but now there’s an official one by Twitter itself, for those in the media! Would this be useful for those in newsrooms still skeptical/confused about Twitter? Mayhapsly!
- Green Lantern 2 is a go
I still haven’t seen this yet but the reviews were so bad….. still, doesn’t everything get sequels these days? lol
- Zombie apocalypse warning in St. John’s
- [Infographic]: Facebook vs. Google
My two favesies.
- Diabetes Doubles Worldwide In 30 Years
- [Video]: Baby Animals Falling Asleep
Wheeeee! SO CUTE.
- ‘Brave’ Trailer: Pixar’s New Film, With Merida, Female Hero, Reveals Teaser
Lookin’ good, Pixar.
- Scan-to-Pay Features Coming Soon To a Mobile App Near You
I’m down with Scan to Pay!
- Google Quietly Launches ‘What Do You Love?’ Site
Interesting.. I think.
- Pink tank unveiled in Prague to celebrate liberation anniversary
- Dropbox facing class action lawsuit over “any password worked” glitch
It is pretty bad what happened, lol.
- This Company Scours the Internet to Tell Employers Your Secrets
You worried? Well then don’t put bad things on the Internet, stupid!
- Myspace Expected To Lay Off At Least 150 Employees On Wednesday
Reminds me of a Click from a previous day stating companies that will likely be extinct in a couple years and MySpace was on it…
- Study: Canadians fine living with a digital wallet
Would you be okay with a digital wallet? My parent’s restaurant accepts cash only so that may be a problem for them lol.
- E-reader ownership doubles in six months, tablet growth slows
Mike and I do own a Kindle. He even got one for his grandpa and is grandpa has been loving it too.
- Celebrate Canada Day in Edmonton
I can’t remember a Canada Day in the last say 5 years that I haven’t been working and this year is no exception. Still, Mike and I plan to enjoy it after I’m done work for that day, most likely in Spruce Grove rather than in Edmonton given our close proximity to the city which apparently has great Canada Day festivities too.
- [Infographic]: How Much Data Will Humans Create & Store This Year?
I did not even know a zettabyte was a word, lol.
- Fruit Ninja Kinect lets you slice and dice in real life
This is most excellent.
- MoviePass: Unlimited Movie Tickets for a Flat Monthly Rate
I would be very interested in this.
- Cancer Cluster Possibly Found Among TSA Workers
- Man keeps driving on I-45 with pedestrian in windshield
- Inflatable Shark Among 300 New Species Discovered in Philippines
- How does a baby get to be obese?
- Fukushima residents’ urine now radioactive
Scary. What’s next? :(
- Scientist’s cancer research breakthrough
Stock up on strawberries!
- 5 Comic Superheroes Who Made A Real-World Difference
- The pampered pooch: No limit on what you can spend
Calm down, pet owners. Thor is happy with a rolled up sock and a string from my hoodie, lol. Very, very happy.
- Uncovering the metadata in a tweet
Loads of information.
- The Seattle Police Department Is “Very Embarrassed” After Leaving Unattended Semi-Automatic Rifle on Trunk of Patrol Car
LOL. Oh geez.
- Today’s Big Thing: Bus 62 Never Gives Up
Haha!! You go, Bus 62.
- Google+ Social Network
I had no idea Google was launching its own Facebook competitor! I WANT TO BE PART OF BETA TESTING!
- Global Edmonton wins big at RTNDA
Kudos to Global! Well deserved. Global as a whole did great across the country too: Global News tops all competitors with 9 RTNDA National and Network Television Awards