- Facebook’s Eerie Goal: Why Timeline Changes Everything
“The Timeline reflects a paradigm shift in the way our lives are being shared with the rest of the world.”
An interesting read. Perhaps a good thing that my brother’s refusing to put or let anyone put photos of his baby on Facebook.
- How to turn on your Facebook Timeline right now
“If you are impatient and want to experience the new Timeline Facebook announced earlier today, you can turn it through the developer section of Facebook.”
Meanwhile, I used these steps to get an early version for the new Facebook Timeline, lol. Early adopter ;)
- Canadians Continue to Abandon Landlines for only Cellphone Service
“2 million Canadians will have only cellphones at home, ditching landline services by the end of 2011.”
We have a landline but only because it was included in our awesome cable and Internet package!
- Eating Experts Have Bone to Pick With Controversial “Anna Rexia” Costume
“A skin and bones costume titled “Anna Rexia” found its way onto the online inventory of popular beauty and costume store Ricky’s before being pulled from the company website.”
Eek. Yeah, that’s not a costume that’s going to go unnoticed.
- Lady Gaga Vows To Make Bullying Illegal
“After Jamey Rodemeyer, a 14-year-old boy and maker of a viral “It’s Gets Better” video, took his own life Sunday after years of bullying, many mourned his death by rallying to his cause, leaving online comments like “Don’t worry, we’ll fight for you. R.I.P.” on his YouTube video. Among those springing to action is none other than his role model and idol Lady Gaga.”
So sad that people are still bullying to such an extent that it would lead to suicide. Stop it. And parents? Teach your kids not to do this, geez.
- Believe your eyes: the world’s strangest optical illusions and mirages
“Come around the globe with us on a tour of ‘Did you just see what I just saw?'”
The world is such a crazy place :)
- Apple customer experience second to none, study finds
“Apple has married all the elements of its experience and connected with its customers in a deeply emotional, irrational way.”
Best company ever!!
- Designer Creates “Euthanasia Roller Coaster”
“The gravitational force — 10 Gs — from the spinning loops at 223 miles per hour in that single minute is lethal.'”
Weird. Good idea? Bad idea?
- Canada ranks third-best country in the world to be a woman
“Canada is the third-best country in the world to be a woman.”
Yeah it’s pretty sweet ^_^
- Canadians consume 26 teaspoons of sugar daily
“That amounts to 110 grams a day and accounts for 21.4 per cent of Canadians’ overall calorie intake.”
Though I’m sure it’s higher for a LOT of people, given how obese North America is becoming.
- Words that annoy us all, you know
“Awesome, totally, my bad, really and dude.”
What words/phrases annoy you?!
- Yawning may cool the brain
“Yawning might be a basic way to cool an overheated brain, especially when the surrounding air temperature is cooler than a person’s body temperature.”
Then my kitty’s brain must be cooled all the time! She is constantly yawning that lazy animal, hehe.
- World’s oldest car up for sale
“An 1884 De Dion Bouton Et Trepardoux Dos-A-Dos Steam Runabout has been put up for sale and is expected to fetch up to £1.6million when it is auctioned off early next month.”
Built before Henry Ford assembled his first car! Impressive.
- Expect decline in beef supplies in 2012
“With the weak economic forecasts, there are more and more concerns about demand for beef.”
- ‘Planking’ makes way for latest absurd online photo craze… razor-bombing
“Meet the new craze sweeping the streets.. razor-bombing.”
- Padzilla 70 Inch iPad/iPhone Case
“One of the greatest iPad/iPhone accessories ever created! This interactive case allows you to use your iPad/iPhone with a massive screen that is multitouch capable.”
Lol is this really necessary?!
- Can you tell what it is? Zoo mystified by ‘unidentified’ creature
“Tourists in China are flocking to get a glimpse of a strange-looking animal which is keeping zoo staff guessing as to what kind of creature he is.”
Weird! Definitely somewhere in the monkey genre but not quite, lol. But how does a zoo take in an animal and not know what it is? lol.
- Don’t text and drive, Textercise
- Serve Time In Jail…Or In Church?
“Non-violent offenders in Bay Minette now have a choice some would call simple: do time behind bars or work off the sentence in church.”
- Global economy weekahead: From a soft patch to quicksand
“The global economy was supposed to be better by now.”
Dun dun dun…
- [Infographic]: Daily Deals Proliferating: What’s in your Digital Wallet?
“Daily deals services such as Groupon and LivingSocial are proliferating, with more than 650 providers serving 26 million customers so far. The market is growing so quickly, it’s hard to get a handle on who’s using these products and what they’re using them for.”
I’ve actually only purchased maybe three Groupons and one or two other deals from different sites since all of these daily deals started popping up last summer! What about you?
- Proposed Seal Cull In St. Lawrence Gulf Draws Fire From Top Scientists And Conservation Group
“Two of Canada’s leading marine biologists and a conservation group say a five-year proposal to slaughter 140,000 grey seals in the southern Gulf of St. Lawrence is being driven by politics, not science.”
:( Don’t kill them. :(
- Today’s Big Thing: “Reality Hits You Hard, Bro” Auto-tuned Song
If you tuned into my previous Clicks of the Day you would have seen the original Fox News interview with this hilarious guy. Now it’s been turned into an auto-tuned song, lol. Hilarious!!!