- Bank of Canada unveils new ‘secure’ plastic bank notes
Lol, “officials say they’re confident the new notes won’t melt in the dryer or harden in the winter” – so it hasn’t been tested yet?!?!
- LulzSec, Anonymous Hacker Groups Declare War Against Governments, ‘Gluttons’
Didn’t I say there’d likely be a hacking-related Click for many more Clicks of the Day to come? Although I’m definitely sick of hearing about the hackers. But on the other hand…
- LulzSec Offers to Help Sega
That’s pretty funny, lol.
- Scientific Study Suggests Internet Addiction May Cause Brain Damage
“Moderation in all things.”
- Now Your Embarrassing/Job-Threatening Facebook Photos Could Haunt You For Seven Years
Are you proud of how you’re represented online? You better be…
- Top 10 Evil Sports
LOL, “wife-carrying races” – bizarre! (But that is the most bizarre of the so-called evil sports. Guess what’s number 1? lol)
- ‘Shocking’ state of seas threatens mass extinction, say marine experts
So sad! The other day when Mike and I were driving in the super west end of Edmonton, we saw a bunch of new neighbourhoods being constructed and just this teeny strip of trees. I said this whole new area probably used to be all trees and it’s just so sad that we destroyed it all to make more room for our species. Humans are so evil. It is sad.
- Man robbed bank for $1 to cover jail health care
- Green Mile Actor, 51, Marries 16-Year-Old Aspiring Country Singer; Says “True Love Can Be Ageless”
I didn’t know that was legal, but okay. She definitely doesn’t look 16 though.
- Alberta obesity rate higher than national average: study
- Whining is the worst sound in the world, study confirms
Lol! Would you like some cheese with that whine?
- ICANN Approves Major Domain Name Change: 40 New Domains You Could Soon See
At first I thought the announcement was ridiculous and the web would become riddled with non-consistent, unusual domains – but at $185,000 to register, it will at least limit that amount of ridiculous. Although I guess that’s just pocket change for major companies.
- Google trademarks Photovine, hints at new photo-sharing service
Interesting! Yet another service to make Google Internet-dominating.
- [Video]: ‘Weird Al’ Yankovic Debuts Full ‘Perform This Way’ Video (Lady Gaga Parody)
- 10 Reasons This Isn’t The Greatest Photo Ever
Haha, hilarious. Love “No use of Hipstamatic, HDR or tone mapping: the image relies solely on content and sorely lacks post-processing gimmickry.” lol. #PhotographersoftheFuture
- Deep fried Kool-Aid (and other deep fried foods around the web)
And we wonder about the increase in obesity… lol
- Canadian workers some of the most dissatisfied in the world
All companies should offer perks like those Google provides their employees! ^_^ LOL.
- ‘Jackass,’ MTV Stars And Other Celebrities React To Ryan Dunn’s Death
- Our Friend, Graham Scott
More sad, death-related news. I did not listen to Graham Scott, nor can I say I really knew what kind of person he was – but my Twitter feed exploded today with people talking about the very sad loss of Graham Scott and just how amazing he was. I felt sad just reading the tweets. A major loss – especially in the Edmonton media industry.
- TELUS revolutionizes wireless device ownership in Canada
Doing away with cancellation fees!! Well done TELUS, well done.
- Understanding the gift of endless memory
So insane. I am lucky if I remember anything from before junior high school – and even junior high school memories are fuzzy.
- Researchers turn long-term memories on and off with the flip of a switch
- 10 Jaw-Dropping Pics
The close-up spider is freaking, freaky.
- To Buy or Not to Buy? Decide Has The Answer
Might be good for shopaholics, lol. “WAIT!!!”
- The Voice: How a TV Show Became a 24/7 Social Media Conversation
Social TV. Interesting read. Well done, The Voice.
- The End of Paper Books
People keep predicting the demise of books but I don’t think it’s going to happen.
- “The Onion” launches Pulitzer Prize campaign
I am totally supportive of The Onion getting a Pulitzer! Hehe. I’ve been considering doing a “Onion Click of the Day” link for each of these posts but hadn’t gotten around to it, haha.
Every time we open the bathroom door Thor bolts in and jumps right into the bathtub!