Welcome to Monday, August 15 2011’s Clicks of the Day!
- A Third of Young Adults Have Had Pretend Phone Conversations
“And most surprisingly of all, 30% of adults 18-29 have pretended to be on the phone in order to avoid human interaction.” I’ve done it before! Lol.
- How will Google’s purchase of Motorola affect consumers and RIM
This definitely makes Google/Android more competitive with the almighty Apple!!! $12.5 billion – whewwwwww.
- Young people ‘bored’ with social media
“One in four 18-29 year-olds told Gartner that their use of social media had declined since they signed up, with many citing boredom as their reason for the decline.” It can get boring after awhile but I keep coming back!
- Two Tattoo-Related Skin Infections May Be Linked to Tap Water
Mike says they wipe the area of your tattoo a bunch of times with paper towel and tap water! Scary.
- Hacker group Anonymous attacks San Francisco’s transit system
Will the hacking ever stop? Oh my god this year has been ridiculous!
- Fake Chinese Apple Stores now called Smart Store, problem solved
Apparently all you have to do is change the name and you’re good to go with avoiding infringement, lol. and there’s one store called “iParty.”
- [Photos]: 10 Things We Shouldn’t Be Frying
Ewwwww deep fried beer is the grossest looking. Come on people!
- Study finds mean people earn more money
I guess I’m not going to be rich anytime soon, lol.
- Winnipeg Jets forward Rick Rypien found dead in his Alberta home
I had no idea who he was but these high profile, non-suspicious deaths need to stop.
- Bachmann wins GOP 2012 test vote (But that’s not what’s interesting)
What is interesting is that the Associated Press article was published with ‘XXX’ placeholders still in it! LOL. ‘Rather, Saturday’s outcome suggests that XXX has a certain level of support and, perhaps even more important, the strongest get-out-the-vote operation and widest volunteer base in a state whose caucuses require those elements….. Despite Perry’s best efforts to overshadow the day, the epicenter of the presidential contest was in this Midwestern town, where XXXX Iowans cast ballots during a daylong political festival, a late-summer ritual held every four years.’ Whoooooopsies!
- Indiana Stage Collapse Tragedy Was Preventable, Expert Says
We always get SO many weather warning updates on the system at work and sometimes I think it’s too many but this really goes to show the importance of those warnings.
- Today’s Big Thing: Kitty Rigor Mortis Nap
LOL! Love this.
- [Video]: Heartwarming Tearjerker of the Day
“Emmitt Thunderpaws welcomes home his military dad after nine months apart.” SOOOOO CUTE, oh my gosh. I almost teared up. And also – WOW, huge dog!!!
Thor Photo of the Day:
Thor being bad!!
Have your say on some of these Clicks of the Day’s!
Leave a comment! :)