- From Cromulent to Craptacular: The Top 12 Simpsons Created Words
Did someone really come up with D’OH before Homer??
- What is a tree’s maximum possible height?
Interesting read! :) Wouldn’t it be odd to see a tree extend high into the clouds?
- Armless archer targets the 2012 Olympic games in London and is determined to be the world’s greatest
So incredible. So talented!
- [Infographic]: More Dads Own Nintendo Wiis Than Other Consoles
My dad doesn’t have time to play video games but perhaps the Wii would be his preferred console if he did, lol. Interesting stats!
- Five things to know about Father’s Day
Happy Father’s Day to all of fathers worldwide – especially my own! <3
- Fathers Day: The Top 10 Dad-Related Records
Who knew :)
- Just give dad some time
I love spending time with my papa.
- Drinker survives hand sanitiser binge, sparking calls to secure liquid
Disgusting… and sad that he was that desperate for alcohol..
- How Tweet It Is!: Library Acquires Entire Twitter Archive
VERY interesting! Do you have any tweets you regret? I am fine with my tweets being archived but I can’t say they’re really interesting enough to be saved forever, lol.
- Sexting: Not just a teen phenomenon, as rampant trend goes mainstream with celebs, politicians
So inappropriate. I do not support sexting! It will come back and bite you in the butt.
- [Video]:Amazing mirage image appears over Xan’an river in China
What an insane mirage. So crazy!
- [Infographic]: School Cafeteria Food vs. Prison Food
Do prisoners eat better than students? I used to LOVE the hot meal lunches in elementary, lol – but I don’t think they were the healthiest – and I definitely didn’t always get the healthier foods in the cafeteria in high school. Add vending machines with chips and that amounts to be a #healthfoodfail
- Apple, Google and RIM to ban drunk-driving apps
- Homeless Man Max Melitzer Learns He’s Rich
So crazy! Congratulations to him but I hope he doesn’t blow the money.
- LulzSec E-mail Hack Proves We’re Lousy at Picking Passwords
I think my passwords are pretty good…
- The 121 Best Dancing GIFs of All Time!
May take awhile to fully load (and depending on the stability of your Internet/computer, the page may crash, lol) but it is good for a brief l-o-l.
- 150 Angry Birds Fan Art Pieces
A-w-e-s-o-m-e. From cakes to plushies to shoes to desktop wallpapers! My weekend work computer desktop is the yellow Angry Bird. It’s awesome. Lol.
- Rioting teen and family face backlash, forced to leave home
- Journalism Goes 3G with New BBC App for Mobile News Reporting
Trailblazing. You go, BBC!
- BBC News product launches on connected TV
And more. BBC is serious about getting on board with the changing industry.
- CBS Reporter Shooting News with an iPhone
More trailblazing reporting. BBC’s getting on it, this CBS reporter is getting on it (and remember that Milwaukee anchor who used his iPhone to make quick newscasts between breaks?) – love seeing/hearing/reading about the changing industry.
- Flying Dinosaurs May Inspire The Design Of Future Aircrafts
Excellent. Gotta love dinosaurs.
- Huge mirrors in the sky will be the future of tackling climate change, claim scientists
Lol, spraying sea water into the clouds is also another suggestion. Will be interesting to see which ideas actually take off.
- The ‘mayday call’ from a murdered star
So interesting!!! So much we still don’t know about the universe… outer space… “feasting” black holes!
- J.K. Rowling’s ‘mysterious’ new website: 7 theories
This is so exciting I don’t know which it could be but a real wizarding school would easily be the BEST CREATIONv EVER!
- The Real-Life Version of Oracle’s Clocktower Is For Rent, If You Have Bruce Wayne Money
Wow, most bad ass apartment – ever?
- 2011 Among Most Extreme Weather Years in History
I’m still telling ya, signs of the end of the world…
- Hackers nab data of over 1 million (Sega) online game customers
Unbelievable. I think there’s going to be at least one hacking story in every Clicks of the Day for…. ever? What is going on.
- The End of Cheap Labor In China
I have TOTALLY been seeing more Made in Vietnam stuff lately!!!!! But, interesting read. But is it actually a good thing if it’s just being passed off to different Asian countries? :(
- Dad sues girl’s bullies over Facebook video
“Think of the lesson he is teaching his own daughter. You do not have to put up with someone hurting you. You can calmly and strongly say ‘stop,’ and I have your back.” Interesting. Though I would be so embarrassed if my parents got involved in any tiff I was having with people – fight my own battles!
- Lazy parenting blamed for kids being behind at school
I suppose it’s the ‘duh’ article of the day. Stupid parents!
- World’s Oldest Light Bulb Still Burning After 110 Years
This bulb is a TROOPER!!! Cool story :)
- Why your city’s signature food is dumb
I mean other than being extremely unhealthy, I have no problem with most of the foods – the fish tacos look disgusting though.
- [Infographic]: The History of Email
Dates of note: 1982 – first smiley emoticon ” :) ” invented! 2003: On an episode of “The Simpsons” – Homer reveals his email address, firstname.lastname@example.org. LOL. 2004: LOL and other acronyms officially recognized in the Oxford dictionary and 2011: The Associated Press Stylebook changes “e-mail” to “email” – not sure if CP has changed it yet or not.
- “Power foods” that may boost your overall health
No energy drinks or coffee required! (I am always proud that I’m not dependant on coffee in order to survive each day).
- Could you be a war photographer?
I could not.
- Make Love, Not Riots: Vancouver Kiss Steals the Internet’s Heart
The best thing to come out of the riots. (Lol at photos of them superimposed into other situations).
- IBM Celebrates 100 Years: What Other Tech Companies Will?
100 years is quite the milestone. I can see Apple (obviously) hitting that as well but Facebook? Twitter? I don’t know. Tough to say!
- Famous Death Row Last Meals
I bet mine would be my mama’s pho!
- Study offers grim news on deal sites like Groupon
I’m certainly never a repeat customer … (unless the deal is on a business that I already frequent/go to in the first place). How about you?
- How to Get Your Finances in Order
Good tips! Other then my occasional random purchases I think for the most part all of my money is well spent and/or well saved!
- The Artistically Ubiquitous James Franco Is Now Making Invisible Art
- 10 Widespread Myths About Happiness
Interesting. I have always disliked the ‘money can’t buy happiness’ statement because really – as the article says – money can buy a lot of things that contributes to your overall happiness. It totally can.
- Kitten Found In Car Air Filter
So crazy! Thank goodness it was alive and is now the happy pet of a little girl!
- Generation Rent: How Our American Dream Is Different from Our Parents’
I think renting is a waste. of. money. I hope these Millenial predictions don’t come true!
- 70 Photos That Will Take Your Breath Away
Amazing photographs. Definitely worth a look.
- Facebook iPad app release imminent
I have been so surprised that Facebook hasn’t released an official iPad app yet!
- 12 Tricks To Make Your Device Last Longer
Great tips! Especially for an iPhone battery-guzzler like me! :D
- Japanese Scientist Makes Poop Burger
- Rapture predictor Harold Camping suffers stroke
Really bad luck…
- Feeling flush: businessman flushes hundreds of pounds down lavatory after being told notes were fake
- Pigs could grow human organs in stem cell breakthrough
Could we stop trying to play God, please?
- Parents’ behaviour ‘can influence teen drinking’
False! My dad had a drink with his dinner every night growing up – and still goes once or twice a week with his friends to drink/socialize and I could not have any less of an interest in alcohol!
- Google killing ‘I’m Feeling Lucky’ button?
:O !! No!! (Even though I’ve only ever hit that button maybe twice in my lifetime).
- 32 of the World’s Strangest Buildings
Wow!! Amazing designs!!! The library in Kansas City, the apartment in Israel, upside down house in Orlando, etc. Stunning!
- US bank throws 100th birthday party for customer using account dad opened for her in 1913
That’s dedication! I have banked with three different companies since the age of 13 or so, lol.
- Marilyn Monroe “subway” dress sells for $4.6 million
Hefty amount. Would you pay that much for a dress? lol.
- Wi-Not? South Korea’s Seoul To Blanket The City With Free Wi-Fi
The world should be blanketed with free wi-fi, really!