- Apple Officially World’s Largest Smartphone Maker—Guess by How Much
Not surprising :)
- Circles Fatigue: The Dark Side Of Google+
I haven’t created any new Circles than the ones that come default with Google+ when you first sign up, so that’s not really an issue for me – but then again I’m not really heavily using Google+ (yet?) either.
- Maybe Gen Y Doesn’t Want Cars at All
Interesting! I definitely am not part of that statistic, lol.
- Cancer-stricken WTC worker gets $0 settlement check
- PayPal hands over 1,000 IP Addresses to the FBI, look out Anonymous
Oo. Hacker justice soon? Lol
- Top 20 Worst Summer Blockbusters
The Last Airbender is SOOOO bad. Poor Transformers made it on the list twice, lol.
- [Video]: Chimpanzee bottle feeds tiger cubs at Thai zoo
SQUEAL. SO CUTE!!!!!!!! Look at photos here!!!
- Why Isn’t It Easier to Build Small Houses?
So weird. I am not down with this “tiny house movement!”
- Deadly Crash Adds to Worries About China’s High-Speed Trains
I remember seeing a story earlier this month about Canada lagging behind in high speed trains especially compared to China but clearly quick development of these things aren’t a good thing…
- Will the new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge change Canadians’ attitude towards the monarchy?
I would fall under the “peope who do not care about the issue” — but if I had to choose based on how lovely Will & Kate are, I would say woo hoo monarchy!! lol :)
- Rogers Mobile Offers launches, brings daily deals to your device
Hm, interesting. Will we see other phone companies jumping onto this too?
- [Photos]: Harry Potter’s England
So neat! Where many Harry Potter scenes were shot.
- Facebook iPad app hidden inside iPhone app
Yay! Facebook for iPad is near!
- [Infographic]: Social Media Yearbook 2011
Haha, just a fun, geeky little infographic.
- [Infographic]: Social Networking in Canada
Twitter made some huge gains in Canada since 2009! Also, it would be VERY hard for me to NOT visit a social network at least once a day. AT LEAST.
- Great Recession Drives Financial Wedge Between Whites, Minorities
If only everyone could just have as much money as they needed and the world would be at peace! (#wishfulthinking)
- ‘Oz: The Great And Powerful’ Starring James Franco, Rachel Weisz, Michelle Williams, Mila Kunis Begins
Great cast!!! Should be good. I barely remember seeing the original Oz so this coming out would be a good reason to check out the classic again too.
- Smartphone Sales Will Hit 420 Million In 2011, To Take 28 Percent Of The Total Phone Market
Only 28% of the phone market? I don’t know how people can use non-smartphones!
- Treehotel: Sweden’s Dreamlike Treehouse Fantasies
Really cool designs here!!!!!
- iPhone 4 Is Canada’s Most Popular Mobile Phone, By A Lot
Well why wouldn’t it be. I love my iPhone 4! *hugs it*
- Chinese Parents Sell Children To Pay For Video Game Addiction
Probably for the best, since these “parents” obviously SUCK at parenting, but geez. STUPID!
- An Uh, Er, Um Essay: In praise of verbal stumbles.
I hate when I “um” during public speaking (though I haven’t really done much public speaking recently). But I guess maybe they’re not so bad after all?
- Extreme Heat: 10 Worldwide Spots With Tough Temperatures
Lol, what a terrible name for a place: “Death Valley” in California. Who would want to go there? lol. No where in Canada makes this list (not surprising).
- [Video]: This is what shooting at 2,564 frames per second looks like
Most bad-ass video ever! I want cool cameras…
- Life After Superheroes: A look into Comic-Con’s stale core, and Hollywood’s blissfully comic-spayed future
I love all of these superhero movies!! What happens after we’ve sped through every comic book hero and reboots? Maybe a new era of comic book heroes. ORIGINALITY?! What?! lol
- Social Media Has Changed Brand Management Forever
Social media has changed lots of things forever, lol.
- The 13 Worst-Paying College Majors: PayScale List
Yet still (starting pay) than most in the media industry, I’m sure. lol
- Do you obsessively check your smartphone?
Yes. I should try having “smartphone-free places” and “smartphone-free times”. I do admit that I have a problem though, lol.
- [Photo]: Love is… two dragonflies mating
- Visa profits up 40% as people return to credit and debit cards in wake of recession
Bad news! My parents have drilled credit card debt into my brain so I’m very good with the handling of my monies. People should not be using their credit cards to pay for things when they don’t have the money to pay off the cards…
- Scientists Discover The Oldest, Largest Body Of Water In Existence–In Space
Coolest thing ever! “Around a black hole 12 billion light years away, there’s an almost unimaginable vapor cloud of water–enough to supply an entire planet’s worth of water for every person on earth, 20,000 times over.”
- Facebook’s Randi Zuckerberg: Anonymity Online ‘Has To Go Away’
I definitely think making everyone use their real names to post online would reduce the amount of idiotic posts out there.
- New Canada Cellphone Companies Gobbling Up Subscribers
I think it’s great that new cell phone companies are actually surviving!!
- [Infographic]: Mobile Gaming by the Numbers
Great infographic! I love mobile gaming! It’s taking over the world! :D
- Why Twitter is obsolete
I do not think it has been rendered obselete. That’s a bold and, I feel, incorrect statement.
- Bush explains slow reaction to September 11 attacks
Nice explanation, lol.
- Nintedo president takes 50% pay cut
“I feel greatly accountable for having to make the markdown.” – what a move. How many top CEOs would do that for your their company?
- How to crime-proof your travels
Good tips! Well, not that I need it, I’m not going anywhere anytime soon.
- [Video]: Puppy fakes his own demise
LOL SO CUTE!!!
- [Videos]: 11 Most Ridiculous Drive-Thru Pranks
Some of these are hilarious!
- [Video]: If Harry Potter Was Just Some Awkward Teen Movie
LOL, so funny!!!
- New York Library Pardons Kids For Late Fees To Get Them Reading
- [Video]: A Day in the Life of Boo, Facebook’s Most Popular Dog
LOL oh my gosh, this is so cute. <3
- Two charged for leaving 10 children in car outside bar
- Brother, Can You Spare a Billion? Apple Has More Cash Than Uncle Sam
- Today’s Big Thing: “Best Nascar Prayer Ever” Song
LOL. Wtf. Autotune go away. So weird.