Welcome to the three-day roundup …
Weekend Edition (July 1, 2, 3) of Clicks of the Day!
(I only do one Clicks of the Day post for the weekends so that I can actually have a weekend, lol. And amount of content will fluctuate depending on how much of a weekend I actaully have!)
- Will & Kate Royal Tour
I feel like I’ve had an overdose of Will & Kate coverage this weekend, all of the Montreal shows were royal themed as the couple was in Quebec this weekend! Fun times. I love Kate! :D
- IBM makes breakthrough in new kind of “universal” memory chip
I often comment on how disgusted I am with the human race, lol but I should also add that even though we are cruel and have destroyed this planet – you can’t deny our intelligence. More proof of that with this ‘breakthrough.’
- Why Women Are Better at Everything
Silly, overconfident men. ;)
- American Medical Association Officially Condemns Photoshopping
Great news! Could you imagine if photoshopping models, celebrities, etc. was actually banned?
- Drunk Teen, Falls Off Escalator And Survives
My gosh. Drunk idiots.
- Humans To Encounter Aliens By 2031: Russian Scientist
I hope we encounter them even earlier than that! #ThereIsLifeOnOtherPlanets
- Blogger jailed for posting negative review of restaurant
This is atrocious. A good reminder for reviewing bloggers though, I suppose.
- [Infographic]: Happy 4th Anniversary, iPhone
Longest iPhone-shapped infographic ever ;) Happy anniversary iPhone! You are the best phone I’ve ever had and also the longest-lasting! So surprised I haven’t broke you yet!
- Google activates 500,000 Android devices every day
Meanwhile Blackberry continues to spiral into irrelevancy.. lol
- Playing Video Games for Social Change
Absolutely games can cause social change! Great concept. Video games 4eva.
- Disappointed Final Cut Pro X customers get a refund, official FAQ appears
It is unfortunate the negative reviews surrounding the new Final Cut.
- Cases way more expensive than the gadgets they cover
Wow these cases are ridiculous but the Stewart Hughes pink diamond iPhone case is pretty sweet. LOL
- News Corp sells MySpace to Specific Media for $35 million
Yikes. Huge drop from its prior selling price of $580 mill ni 2005! Also..
- Justin Timberlake buys controlling stake in MySpace
Maybe MySpace can be saved? With the magical touch of JT!
- Google Plus Seems Like Social Gold, But Is the Timing Right?
I am eagerly awaiting my dang beta invitation!
- The luckiest heart attack victim on the planet
Lol, best time and place to have a heart attack!
- Think you know Canada? What’s fact and what’s fiction not always clear: experts
Did you know?
- Beach Contamination: The United States’ Worst Offenders
The two beaches I went to in California a couple years ago – Laguna and Huntington – were NOT on the list ! :)
- A Streetbox Named Desire: On the Streets Today!
Newspaper boxes turned into art! Reminds me of..
- Dumpsters have Eyes
- 10 Comic Book DEATHS That (Mostly) Still Matter
Nice, geeky read :)
- New version of Flipboard highlights newspaper, magazine feeds
Gotta love Flipboard!
- [Infographic]: Deconstructing the Groupon Phenomenon
This kind of comes down to what I always write about whether or not infographics are great visualizations for information or if it’s just too messy, too confusing and distracting. This one is one that I’d classify as super messy and distracting, but still kind of interesting to look at.
- The Science of Social Media
“We share something because, for whatever reason, its ignites powerful emotions—good or bad—that arouse your nervous system.”
- PayPal Predicts the End of the Wallet by 2015
I still think we’ll need wallets but it just won’t hold cash. We’d still need it for other cards and IDs I feel!
- President Obama To Hold First Twitter Town Hall on July 6
He would hold a Twitter townhall. Lol.
- What it’s like photographing a National Geographic Story
So crazy… what a life. What a job.
- Research in Motion responds to anonymous letter
- Police chief: Sexy cafes must clean up by Friday
Lol. Unfortunate these sexy cafes are primarily Vietnamese.
- Study: When Americans think of regrets, love tops list
Aren’t we all just big, hopeless romantics?
- At The Post, reporters get socialized to social media
As they should be. A reporter not using social media in this day and age is failing…
- [Photo]: Epic Parenting WIN
- Train ticket helps crack 1957 Illinois killing
- [Photos]: World’s longest underwater ‘crystal’ cave in deep Russian waters revealed
- 8 secrets about Disneyland
I love #2!!!!!!!! :D Really cool read!
- The world’s wackiest ice creams
- Post office line rage sends Jacksonville man over the edge
- When games get really ugly: Xboxer SWATTED by armed cops after online spat
Oh my god, ridiculous.
- The Crisis We Should Be Panicking About: Bacon Prices
Nooooooo! Prices expected to soar this summer.. #ILOVEBACON
- No texting while driving in Indiana. But want to surf the Web? That’s fine
- Sea turtle ingested 317 plastic pieces
So sad :(
- How airplanes alter the weather
- A tumor that could provide the key to making zombies
Um..great. Resident Evil is closer to happening than we all originally thought, lol.
Thor Photo of the Day:
Thor likes to sit on chairs like she’s human :)
Have your say on some of these Clicks of the Day’s!
Leave a comment!